Which artstyle do you like better? Xenoblade Chronicles or X?

#51Ryan SiPosted 1/26/2013 7:01:37 AM
The new Monolith Soft RPG only has a few screenshots released so far. You're judging a game's entire look based on one area.

The ignorant will complain about the perceived lack of color in HD games, but they clearly don't have much experience with HD games because I own plenty and there is no lack of color.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#52DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/26/2013 7:15:18 AM
This game lacks colour.
So did lots of games last gen.
"HD" has nothing to do with it. It's a stylistic choice, in some cases to cover up the limitations of colour correction in a purely 32bit spectrum.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#53AnclationPosted 1/26/2013 7:35:12 AM
MonadAlvis posted...
Definitely Xenoblade, but I don't expect X to end with this grey-brown thing it has going on in that trailer. I expect it to have much more colorful landscapes not yet shown.

I do hope that is the case, in fact, I'd be surprised if it isn't. Right now my vote goes to Xenoblade though.
#54LemonKweenstaaaPosted 1/26/2013 8:04:47 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
def Xenoblade (judging from what I have seen)

it looks more special. Whilst X probably looks nice, it walks on road laid by Sony/MS

This. Only Nintendo fanboys would think "X" looks "amazing". It looks like so many other RPGs on the PS360 that its bordering generic. Some of you nintendrones need to expand your outlooks on life if something that looks like a 3-4 year old PS360 game makes you crap your pants in excitement.

Calm down dude, it's a f***ing game.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#55MegagunstarmanPosted 1/26/2013 8:42:29 AM
Based on what I've seen, Xenoblade.

But I really haven't seen enough of X to make a proper judgment. I'm sure there are more areas than the grayish brown mountains and lakes we saw in the trailer.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#56ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 8:46:45 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Chocobo115 posted...

it looks more special. Whilst X probably looks nice, it walks on road laid by Sony/MS

This. Only Nintendo fanboys would think "X" looks "amazing". It looks like so many other RPGs on the PS360 that its bordering generic. Some of you nintendrones need to expand your outlooks on life if something that looks like a 3-4 year old PS360 game makes you crap your pants in excitement.

You're just biased. I own FFXIII and love the hell out of it, but X looks better.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#57SkyCrackersPosted 1/26/2013 9:02:27 AM
Xenoblade looks vastly better. X looks bland and colorless. When I walk outside into the real world, I see actual colors, not gray and washed-out smudges. That last thing we need is another colorless game. It's very disappointing, to say the least.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#58ShibutoPosted 1/26/2013 2:43:15 PM
Xenoblade looks vastly better. X looks bland and colorless. When I walk outside into the real world, I see actual colors, not gray and washed-out smudges. That last thing we need is another colorless game. It's very disappointing, to say the least.

Yeah because the world is magical and colorful too..
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#59Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 3:52:17 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Chocobo115 posted...

Even the very best-looking PS360 RPGs, like Skyrim and FFXIII, look like crap compared to X.
#60Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 3:55:35 PM
In terms of art style, Xenoblade definitely looks better. But it's too early to tell what kind of art style the final version of X will use.