Retro Studios new game is Metroid Prime 4.

#21Virus66Posted 1/25/2013 5:16:33 PM
"They've never developed anything for Starfox. Why would everyone "want them to" do Starfox?"

I saw this and laughed. They never developed anything for Donkey Kong, yet they did Donkey Kong Country Returns. They never developed anything for Mario Kart and yet they helped with Mario Kart 7. A company doesn't always have to do the same thing over and over. People all over have been wanting a good Star Fox game, and if the folks over at Retro think it's a good idea, then they'll do it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#22RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:19:52 PM
Virus66 posted...
"They've never developed anything for Starfox. Why would everyone "want them to" do Starfox?"

I saw this and laughed. They never developed anything for Donkey Kong, yet they did Donkey Kong Country Returns. They never developed anything for Mario Kart and yet they helped with Mario Kart 7. A company doesn't always have to do the same thing over and over. People all over have been wanting a good Star Fox game, and if the folks over at Retro think it's a good idea, then they'll do it.

The point is that no one WANTED them to do DKC or Kart.

The quote isn't fake. Someone googled and found Bob Gale's name and associated it with him.

Someone from Nintendo said it.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#23GEKGanonPosted 1/25/2013 5:20:23 PM
But it's not something associated with the developer. Like, why would I want Naughty Dog to make a Call of Duty?

None of the games they've worked on were associated with them until they worked on them. Even so, where does anything say they are working on a game associated with them?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#24darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 5:23:00 PM
Virus66 posted...

None of this changes the fact that people weren't clamoring for Retro to make a Star Fox game before that comment was made, so clearly they aren't talking about Star Fox.

The only game that constantly comes up about people wanting Retro to make is another Metroid in the Prime style - specifically, the cancelled proposed sequel to the original Metroid Prime that deals with an AI baby on an abandoned ship. I believe it was tentatively titled "Metroid: Dread."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#25MasterAngelPosted 1/25/2013 6:03:59 PM
I hope they revive Raven Blade, it looked interesting.
---
WiiU ID- DrGamingPhD
#26anon_firePosted 1/25/2013 6:11:46 PM
RahzarX posted...
I think it's pretty damn obvious.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-20-metroid-prime-dev-making-wii-2-game

"a project everyone wants us to do".

It's a new Metroid FPS. Expect it.

What other game would everyone want them to do other than perfect the only title it's developed more than one game in the series?

That article is 1 1/2 years old.
#27Kuebel33Posted 1/25/2013 6:12:21 PM
could be Metroid Dread
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears3, ZombiU, Blops 2, NSMBU
#28SocranPosted 1/25/2013 6:29:18 PM
Metroid Prime 3 was the end of a trilogy. People knew Retro was going on to make a new, non-Metroid game after that, which is when they started talking about what sort of game they should do next. This was before DKCR, and actually started a little bit before Prime 3 was even completely finished. A lot of people said Kid Icarus (again, this was before Uprising was announced), a lot of people said Raven Blade (the project they were going to make before they switched to Metroid Prime instead), and a lot of people said Star Fox.

Trust me, I was there, taking part in those discussions.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#29anon_firePosted 1/25/2013 6:32:00 PM
Socran posted...
Metroid Prime 3 was the end of a trilogy. People knew Retro was going on to make a new, non-Metroid game after that, which is when they started talking about what sort of game they should do next. This was before DKCR, and actually started a little bit before Prime 3 was even completely finished. A lot of people said Kid Icarus (again, this was before Uprising was announced), a lot of people said Raven Blade (the project they were going to make before they switched to Metroid Prime instead), and a lot of people said Star Fox.

Maybe they could start a new trilogy.
#30RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 6:33:51 PM
Socran posted...

I think you just showed more proof that it's a new Metroid FPS. I just used Prime 4 as an example.

They're "wanted" to do this new Metroid because Dread never came out.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."