Wii U Woes

#1horror_spookyPosted 1/25/2013 7:16:09 PM
Hello, some of you helped me out in my last topic about having problems with the GamePad disconnecting, and I'd like to share new information for help and to get help out there for people experiencing problems with their GamePad.

A quick recap, I brought my Wii U upstairs, and ever since then, the system has not worked properly in the slightest. The GamePad constantly disconnects from the Wii U. Then I think I fixed it and the GamePad and Wii U work just as they should for a while, and then stop working again.

I've tried all the tricks. I switched out HDMI cords. That seemed to fix it for a while. But then the problem creeped up again. I figured perhaps my Wii U is not getting enough power, which is another rumored cause of the problem, and it would make sense because the upstairs of the house has bad wiring.

Fed up with trying to get it to work in my room. I took it back downstairs, but this hasn't fixed it either. With all the other troubleshooting solutions I've found on the Internet (among them, turning the Wii U vertically, plugging it into the #1 spot in a power strip, and others), I'm down to the last one, which is to remove the battery for five minutes and then hopefully be able to completely re-synch the GamePad.

I don't understand what the problem is. It worked 100% perfectly downstairs. Then I move it upstairs, and it starts having all of these problems. =/
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2DifferentialEquationPosted 1/25/2013 7:19:42 PM
Though the Wii U controller and console have wireless built into them, Nintendo never said it would work properly and consistently. It was peoples' fault for assuming that. But I wouldn't worry, in the near future you will be able to purchase a patch for $10 to let you properly use the hardware that you already paid for.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 1/25/2013 7:23:01 PM
Might have something to do with what you use upstairs.
#4horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:24:37 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Might have something to do with what you use upstairs.

That's what I thought, too. But it doesn't work downstairs now either. =/

I have a number of theories. I could be unfortunate and wound up with a defective Wii U that just started having problems, being the #1. V_V

But I'm not giving up just yet. Will try everything I can think of before I give in. Hopefully I can find a solution and archive it here so anyone else that runs into the issue can find a solution that works
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#5horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:29:47 PM
I removed the battery for over five minutes, yet it didn't give me the re-synching option as it was supposed to.

Ugh.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#6HungtotheoverPosted 1/25/2013 7:30:48 PM
Oh god not you again
---
I own you said the buyer.
#7horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:38:07 PM
What? I just want my Wii U to work right so I can play it, and usually GameFAQs (and Google, of course) is a good place to go for possible troubleshooting solutions.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#8horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 7:51:25 PM
The problem seems to be most apparent when the GamePad is moving.

Yes, it will disconnect when it is completely still, but I just did three races in Sonic, holding the GamePad completely still mind you, with only minor problems (last night it magically worked again for a few hours and I was able to play the game to my heart's content with 0 problems).

Any sudden movements, and the GamePad loses connection, though it seems to have improved for some reason. >_>

My Wii U is like selectively defective or something I swear.
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#9DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 7:53:23 PM
Any other wireless devices in your home that use the 5Ghz frequency?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10Petey_MeanisPosted 1/25/2013 7:53:36 PM
Just call Nintendo Support and get a replacement Gamepad/System.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif