I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#101mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 6:57:23 AM
Baha05 posted...
Waggy17 posted...
And you don't have to pay extra to play Wii VC without the extra features on your Wii U.

No one will deny that Nintendo is providing an additional service for Wii U VC features. If you deny this, then prepare to be laughed at. In a capitalistic system, a given entity will request compensation for services provided.

People need to stop crying, because they sound like entitled brats.

But ten you would need to play them in Wii Mode which is part of the issue.

Wii Mode is a bit silly, but you're overblowing this. All it takes to go into Wii Mode is tapping an icon on your gamepad screen after the console has booted. That's it. You're complaining about it like it's some massive, time consuming ordeal.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#102darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 6:58:41 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
You realize that every VC title has its own custom emulator, right?

Proof?

Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.

Not to mention look at the game sizes - compare the original game's file size of Balloon Fight to Balloon Fight VC for Wii to Balloon Fight VC for Wii U.

The original game is 1 MiB. The Wii U's Balloon Fight VC is 6417 KB. This is a HUGE disparity.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#103darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 7:00:16 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Waggy17 posted...
And you don't have to pay extra to play Wii VC without the extra features on your Wii U.

No one will deny that Nintendo is providing an additional service for Wii U VC features. If you deny this, then prepare to be laughed at. In a capitalistic system, a given entity will request compensation for services provided.

People need to stop crying, because they sound like entitled brats.

But ten you would need to play them in Wii Mode which is part of the issue.

Wii Mode is a bit silly, but you're overblowing this. All it takes to go into Wii Mode is tapping an icon on your gamepad screen after the console has booted. That's it. You're complaining about it like it's some massive, time consuming ordeal.

Just ignore him. To try and make his point, he actually claimed that I wasn't actually playing VC on my Wii U - I was instead magically streaming the games to my big-screen TV in my living room from my Wii in my bedroom.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#104rockyminPosted 1/26/2013 7:01:05 AM
mjc0961 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Baha05 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.

Well obviously each emulator would run different depending on the system but each game?

For example, Rare (the company) N64 games have a very odd prgramming where it is seemingly not possible to have it run via Virtual Console. I'm serious. DK64? Conker? Unplayable. And hackers got SUPERSTAR SAGA to run via VC.

This post right here is proof positive that AhnoldDood has no f***ing clue what he's talking about. I mean, we all knew it already anyway, but this one proves it definitively.

The reason why it's not possible to have Rare games like Conker on Nintendo's Virtual Console service is because Microsoft owns that IP now and they aren't sharing. It has f*** all to do with odd programming.

Better be careful or Ahnold will come back in here and start calling you a kid, lol. Not that I would know, he's been on my ignore list for about a year now.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#105Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 8:47:29 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC, my Bluray player upscales my DVDs for free.. Why pay $1 for the Wii U to upscale your VC games?

This has already been responded to several times.

Playing a DVD in a Blu-Ray player doesn't add anything to the experience. There is no additional service rendered. This is the same as the free transfer from Wii to Wii U.

It's not like playing the DVD in a Blu-Ray then gives you access to an HD movie free of charge.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#106DifferentialEquationPosted 1/26/2013 9:13:31 AM
Waggy17 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC, my Bluray player upscales my DVDs for free.. Why pay $1 for the Wii U to upscale your VC games?

This has already been responded to several times.

Playing a DVD in a Blu-Ray player doesn't add anything to the experience. There is no additional service rendered. This is the same as the free transfer from Wii to Wii U.

Unless Nintendo is incompetent, streaming to the gamepad should be purely an OS/hardware thing and not require any modification to the game code (and therefore no additional service rendered).

So the $1 is really to access a message board which is just idiotic.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#107Baha05Posted 1/26/2013 9:14:13 AM
mjc0961 posted...

Maybe a little but case in point it's still a step backwards for Nintendo when you think about it, and even when you clicked the icon thanks to the slow OS is takes like 15-20 seconds to boot up. Again half the problem is it being stuck in Wii Mode, the other half is principle and how it affects the 3DS eShop and purchase made on that system.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#108excitebike64Posted 1/26/2013 10:10:35 AM
What I find odd is that the complainers want us to somehow assume that when they bought games on the Wii they expected these games to be played on future hardware, when there was no evidence this was going to even happen in the first place.

So anyone buying Wii VC games before the Wii U was out, got their money's worth and now are just nitpicking with complaints. At least it is still possible to play these games on the WIi U. At least, it is a small fee to upgrade.

I do like the topic title, it may be somewhat extreme, but is the best comparison so far.
#109excitebike64Posted 1/26/2013 10:14:57 AM
I'm not sure what all the games are available now, but mini emulators might need to be made for individual games at least sometimes because cart games had specs added to them that was possible with carts and not discs. NES games had different chip sets. You have the FX chips in SNES carts. Mega Man games for the Super Nintendo had added chip sets. I can see the emulators being tweaked for different games.
#110DifferentialEquationPosted 1/26/2013 10:18:38 AM
excitebike64 posted...
I'm not sure what all the games are available now, but mini emulators might need to be made for individual games at least sometimes because cart games had specs added to them that was possible with carts and not discs. NES games had different chip sets. You have the FX chips in SNES carts. Mega Man games for the Super Nintendo had added chip sets. I can see the emulators being tweaked for different games.

We have had emulators that work great (not perfect, but close enough and still far better than the Wii VC) available for 10+ years. It's not that big of an undertaking
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.