I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#151Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 2:28:12 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Waggy17 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC, my Bluray player upscales my DVDs for free.. Why pay $1 for the Wii U to upscale your VC games?

This has already been responded to several times.

Playing a DVD in a Blu-Ray player doesn't add anything to the experience. There is no additional service rendered. This is the same as the free transfer from Wii to Wii U.

It's not like playing the DVD in a Blu-Ray then gives you access to an HD movie free of charge.

Upscaling a DVD to 1080P is not doing anything additional? What exactly does the Wii U do? Allow you to play with a different controller? You use a different remote control for the DVD, so thats the same. It upscales the game? So does the Bluray player when you insert a DVD

So what is so different?

Edit: Certain Bluray players allow you to stream the DVD to other devices, laptops, etc

Upscaling isn't something constrained to the Blu-Ray player only. DVD players and TVs do this as well. It's not like the Blu-Ray player is adding a function that only the Blu-Ray player can do for DVDs. You won't get improved sound, and the source is still SD. Even a Wii can be upscaled.

I'd like you to show me a Blu-Ray player that will push content to other devices. Even if such a device exists, that doesn't exactly sound like a feature anyone would want anyway.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#152Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 2:31:43 PM
emayer posted...
excitebike64 posted...
What I find odd is that the complainers want us to somehow assume that when they bought games on the Wii they expected these games to be played on future hardware, when there was no evidence this was going to even happen in the first place.

So anyone buying Wii VC games before the Wii U was out, got their money's worth and now are just nitpicking with complaints. At least it is still possible to play these games on the WIi U. At least, it is a small fee to upgrade.

I think the name "Virtual Console" implies otherwise. I wasn't buying all of those games as Wii titles. I was buying the games themselves. The Wii was the medium through which I accessed those games and the "virtual console" at the time. But if I have to buy the same games for the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, then it's a misnomer. There is no "virtual" console. The console is the Wii, or the 3DS, or the Wii U, or whatever future hardware sells these games again.

The license being purchased says otherwise.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#153x2link777Posted 1/26/2013 2:32:44 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Go ahead and ignore the proof that's been around for years that each VC game is custom emulated, and think there's a universal emulator built into the Wii and Wii U.

Also, you think that Balloon fight on Wii U being 10 times the size as Balloon Fight on Wii is just "custom tweaks?" Just shut up. You clearly don't know anything about anything.

Actually, never mind. I'll just put you on ignore. You clearly don't have anything worthwhile to say about anything - no point in reading your posts.

Truth is, you are the one who " clearly don't know anything about anything", as theres no proof of "custom" emulators, as it would be beyond stupid of any company to do. But no use further disproving your argument, as you instead opted to respond with petty retorts and ignoring someone who countered your argument. I'm not one to use the "kid" card(in fact I think its one of the stupidest things you can do in a post) but even I have to acknowledge from your response here that you have to be an immature child.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#154Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/26/2013 2:34:05 PM
The admins really need to come in and shut the topic down since it's become nothing more than one huge flame war and people listing the emulators to use to pirate video games.

But on a side note I'm not bothered by the upgrade fee because Rock Band does the same exact thing. If you want to buy a song on the RBN then you buy it at regular price but if you want to use the pro guitar then you have to pay an upgrade fee. If you don't want to pay the upgrade fee then just stick to playing your games on Wii mode. Not that big of a deal.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#155metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 2:44:38 PM
x2link777 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Go ahead and ignore the proof that's been around for years that each VC game is custom emulated, and think there's a universal emulator built into the Wii and Wii U.

Also, you think that Balloon fight on Wii U being 10 times the size as Balloon Fight on Wii is just "custom tweaks?" Just shut up. You clearly don't know anything about anything.

Actually, never mind. I'll just put you on ignore. You clearly don't have anything worthwhile to say about anything - no point in reading your posts.

Truth is, you are the one who " clearly don't know anything about anything", as theres no proof of "custom" emulators, as it would be beyond stupid of any company to do. But no use further disproving your argument, as you instead opted to respond with petty retorts and ignoring someone who countered your argument. I'm not one to use the "kid" card(in fact I think its one of the stupidest things you can do in a post) but even I have to acknowledge from your response here that you have to be an immature child.

He keeps on mentioning things without any evidence at all to back his claims up. I'd be fine debating with him, but its hard when you have to deal with his lack of producing evidence. Also, in every thread, it seems him and I debate, I make a claim, and then he never attempts to dispute my post. In my first run in with him, he thought Counterstrike 1.6 and Source were the same game, and when I constantly corrected him on that among other things, he never once acknowledged he was completely wrong.
I try to never attack the person making an argument and only tackle the argument itself, but his constant appearance in these threads is making that rather difficult.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#156darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 2:59:47 PM
metroid00700 posted...
x2link777 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

He keeps on mentioning things without any evidence at all to back his claims up. I'd be fine debating with him, but its hard when you have to deal with his lack of producing evidence. Also, in every thread, it seems him and I debate, I make a claim, and then he never attempts to dispute my post. In my first run in with him, he thought Counterstrike 1.6 and Source were the same game, and when I constantly corrected him on that among other things, he never once acknowledged he was completely wrong.
I try to never attack the person making an argument and only tackle the argument itself, but his constant appearance in these threads is making that rather difficult.

You're one to talk about a lack of evidence - show me the proof that the Wii and the Wii U both have universal emulators.

Show me the proof that PC emulators are de-facto better than VC - I've seen none.

Show me the proof that I thought CS 1.6 and CS:S were the same game.

Oh, wait....
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#157metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 3:15:19 PM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...
x2link777 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

You're one to talk about a lack of evidence - show me the proof that the Wii and the Wii U both have universal emulators.

Show me the proof that PC emulators are de-facto better than VC - I've seen none.

Oh, wait....

I don't agree with the person's stance that I quoted on that. It very well could be true (though I've never seen concrete evidence) that Nintendo could be custom configuring each game. My point is that's a giant waste of time and there's easier ways to go about it, and that's its BS I have to pay for their inept ability to make a universal emulator, assuming they're seriously making each game from scratch, which neither of us honestly know for sure.

I'm not sure how to give you proof on the PC emulator. Or I should say, what proof do you want, exactly? Its completely true, I JUST tested it, but hey, it is crappy of me not to provide proof.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259050/732098380 My bad, you think that Balloon Fight is a complete remake on Wii U and that its remake is on the same caliber as CS 1.6 to CS:S.

Now please, be a gentlemen and start backing up your claims. I asked first, and I'm not going full out on the emulation thing until you can back up any claim you've made thus far.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#158miraimikePosted 1/26/2013 3:14:55 PM
So... why can't I play my PS3 games on my computer?
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#159darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 3:23:04 PM
metroid00700 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...
x2link777 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Oh, wait....

I don't agree with the person's stance that I quoted on that. It very well could be true (though I've never seen concrete evidence) that Nintendo could be custom configuring each game. My point is that's a giant waste of time and there's easier ways to go about it, and that's its BS I have to pay for their inept ability to make a universal emulator, assuming they're seriously making each game from scratch, which neither of us honestly know for sure.

I'm not sure how to give you proof on the PC emulator. Or I should say, what proof do you want, exactly? Its completely true, I JUST tested it, but hey, it is crappy of me not to provide proof.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259050/732098380 My bad, you think that Balloon Fight is a complete remake on Wii U and that its remake is on the same caliber as CS 1.6 to CS:S.

Now please, be a gentlemen and start backing up your claims. I asked first, and I'm not going full out on the emulation thing until you can back up any claim you've made thus far.

You first. All of my claims are in response to yours. As such, the burden of proof is on you.

You've already proven yourself wrong once. It's not looking too good for you.

About the emulator thing, though:

http://byuu.org/articles/emulation-3

"I know that SNES emulation can never be 100% perfect..."
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#160Baha05Posted 1/26/2013 3:24:34 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
The admins really need to come in and shut the topic down since it's become nothing more than one huge flame war and people listing the emulators to use to pirate video games.

But on a side note I'm not bothered by the upgrade fee because Rock Band does the same exact thing. If you want to buy a song on the RBN then you buy it at regular price but if you want to use the pro guitar then you have to pay an upgrade fee. If you don't want to pay the upgrade fee then just stick to playing your games on Wii mode. Not that big of a deal.

Well we do have darkjedilink in the topic, he pretty much will call you a rapist to get his point across.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U