I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#161metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 5:03:48 PM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...

You first. All of my claims are in response to yours. As such, the burden of proof is on you.

You've already proven yourself wrong once. It's not looking too good for you.

About the emulator thing, though:

http://byuu.org/articles/emulation-3

"I know that SNES emulation can never be 100% perfect..."

Where did I prove myself wrong? See, here's you saying something without providing evidence. I'd happily clarify my point if you provided it for me. I'm not a mind reader.

As for your link, I said that previously. My reply to that link is bsnes provides more options and that does not aid your claim that Wii VC is better. That doesn't do anything to support your argument that Nintendo is morally fine with charging for VC games. It'll never be perfect, awesome, what does that do for you?

And the only other proof I need to give you that I'm aware of is the emulation thing. I asked you to tell me what you wanted and here's a reply with you not specifying that. You've still not backed up most of what you said, and playing the "YOU FIRST" game, seem to have no intentions of doing so. Most likely because it doesn't exist.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#162x2link777Posted 1/26/2013 6:04:39 PM
darkjedilink posted...

You first. All of my claims are in response to yours. As such, the burden of proof is on you.

You've already proven yourself wrong once. It's not looking too good for you.

About the emulator thing, though:

http://byuu.org/articles/emulation-3

"I know that SNES emulation can never be 100% perfect..."

I gotta say, if only he could realize how stupid of a choice that quote was for his point. Admitting something will never be "perfect" does not speak in any way, shape, or form, about how one form of it compares to another, or better known as, the entire point of his argument. Furthermore, that same quote also applies to the VC emulator that hes so defending. It's beyond laughable at this point tbqh. Lastly, darkjedilink, maybe you shouldn't cherry pick portions of quotes like this. Sure, it'll never be perfect 100%, as the creator mentions in that quote, but he further mentions that he feels his job is done, and the hardware is "very well preserved". So yeah, not 100%, but close enough to it.

"The past three years have been amazing. I know that SNES emulation can never be 100% perfect, but I finally feel that I have reached a point where I could walk away from bsnes and feel that my job is done. That the SNES hardware is very well preserved for future generations."
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#163darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 8:06:03 PM
metroid00700 posted...
Where did I prove myself wrong?

When I told you to prove I said something I didn't say. You even ADMITTED you were wrong!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#164Baha05Posted 1/26/2013 8:08:19 PM
darkjedilink posted...
When I told you to prove I said something I didn't say. You even ADMITTED you were wrong!

That's not really the same word meaning.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#165metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 8:57:57 PM
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...

Talk about grasping for straws. I was wrong, sure, but what the post actually said is even worse and doesn't help you, at all.
---
#166darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 10:30:06 PM
metroid00700 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...

Talk about grasping for straws. I was wrong, sure, but what the post actually said is even worse and doesn't help you, at all.

How do you figure? Steam forces you to buy the game that takes advantage of the new tech. Nintendo forces you to buy the game that takes advantage of the new tech. In neither case does the game you originally bought take advantage of the new tech for free.

You somehow took that argument and thought I was saying they were the same game. With leaps of logic like that, it's no wonder you take your own words on the abilities of emulators over the words of the people who developed them.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#167metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 11:01:29 PM
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...

How do you figure? Steam forces you to buy the game that takes advantage of the new tech. Nintendo forces you to buy the game that takes advantage of the new tech. In neither case does the game you originally bought take advantage of the new tech for free.

You somehow took that argument and thought I was saying they were the same game. With leaps of logic like that, it's no wonder you take your own words on the abilities of emulators over the words of the people who developed them.

You're basically saying the jump from Balloon Fight Wii VC to Balloon Fight Wii U VC is comparable to the jump from Counter Strike 1.6 to CS:S. And why are you still clinging to that that quote that another fellow poster slammed you about? It really hurts your argument, just like your god awful CS comparison.
---
#168FoppePosted 1/26/2013 11:05:32 PM
I wanna convert my Laserdiscs to Blurays for $1.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#169geneticsftwPosted 1/26/2013 11:09:19 PM
Foppe posted...
I wanna convert my Laserdiscs to Blurays for $1.

I want to buy your LD for a dollar.
---
Sweet
#170SolisPosted 1/27/2013 1:37:35 AM
darkjedilink posted...
How do you figure? Steam forces you to buy the game that takes advantage of the new tech.

No they don't. When Steam added community hubs, the Counter-Strike community hub was added for free. When Steam added screenshot sharing, taking screenshots in Counter-strike and posting them was free. When Valve Anti-Cheat was created, it was added to Counter-strike for free. Not to mention the dozens of upgrades and changes made to the game and its engine throughout its lifetime.

In fact, even adding Counter-strike to your Steam library was free: originally it was stand-alone, the ability to add it to Steam was only added 3-4 years after it was released. Which offered an entirely new suite of features itself, such as automatic patching. And the Steam version of the Half-life engine is actually a completely different build than what was used in the original Half-life (and by extension, Counter-strike).

So in short, no, Steam doesn't force you to pay extra to play a game you already own on the new technology it offers.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review