I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#31emayerPosted 1/25/2013 8:39:01 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
kingofall214 posted...
You are paying $1 dollar to redownload the same exact ROM into a different folder on your wii u.

With new features like save states, custom controls, and Miiverse.

Miiverse isn't a feature that you pay for for every game. You can access the Miiverse community for any game, regardless of whether you own it.
#32darkjedilinkPosted 1/25/2013 8:40:16 PM
656stooge posted...
You realise that adding things like custom controls, save states and playing on the game pad would only require editing the basic emulator, right?

You realize that every VC title has its own custom emulator, right?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#33spikejetedPosted 1/25/2013 8:42:23 PM
Yeah, seems legit to me. I wish I could get those movies channels with my cable for $1. Too bad I can't get that cup of cheese with my french fries for free. I love cheese sauce. They're really sticking it to me!!
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#34AhnoldDoodPosted 1/25/2013 8:42:33 PM
656stooge posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

I didn't know the NES and SNES play on the same emulator! Wait, it doesn't. The VC isn't like the average emulator. The games need to be packed in WADS to work, not just basic roms. That's why games like MP2 won't work on a homebrew Wii emulator, but will on VC.

1) What are you on about? No **** they don't. 2) Does that change a single fact from my previous post? No.

3) These additions are not on a per game basis. That's my point. Stay on topic and quit thinking you're clever. Argue facts and stop thinking you're catching me out.

1) Adorable, you don't even know. VC games are WADs not ROMs. Any hackers knows THAT.

2) Yeah, it does.

3) No, they don't.
#35Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 8:45:50 PM
darkjedilink posted...

Proof?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#36cavebear56Posted 1/25/2013 8:47:20 PM
RahzarX posted...
lol everyone so mad

I know, it's completely ridiculous as I always thought of myself to be a miser.

This topic has proven me wrong.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#37AhnoldDoodPosted 1/25/2013 8:53:04 PM
Baha05 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Proof?

Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.
#38emayerPosted 1/25/2013 8:54:32 PM
All of these new "features" (new controller support, save states, fixed aspect ratio) amount to purely technical things that any other company would simply patch in for free. The actual content of the game is identical. This is like if you had to spend a dollar to download the Trine 2 update adding Pro controller support.

I don't think the outrage stems from having to pay a dollar. It has more to do with Nintendo setting a precedent, drawing a line in the sand regarding how much you actually "own" these digitally purchased titles. Clearly Nintendo thinks differently than Sony does on the matter.
#39Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 8:57:24 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.

Well obviously each emulator would run different depending on the system but each game?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#40AhnoldDoodPosted 1/25/2013 8:58:54 PM
emayer posted...
1) All of these new "features" (new controller support, save states, fixed aspect ratio) amount to purely technical things that any other company would simply patch in for free. The actual content of the game is identical. 2) This is like if you had to spend a dollar to download the Trine 2 update adding Pro controller support.

I don't think the outrage stems from having to pay a dollar. It has more to do with Nintendo setting a precedent, drawing a line in the sand regarding how much you actually "own" these digitally purchased titles. Clearly Nintendo thinks differently than Sony does on the matter.

1) Haha, no. How many companies have gave you the ability to play decades old games, modified by old tech, with new technology for FREE...?

2) What Wii U games can use =/= What Wii VC games use.