I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#51emayerPosted 1/25/2013 9:22:55 PM
Another thing that bothers me about this is that you have to transfer all of your Wii VC games over to get the discount on the Wii U versions, but then you have two versions of the same game, both of which you paid for, sitting on one console. The Wii VC versions essentially become useless, collecting dust in the Wii Mode closet. It would be great if you could then transfer those Wii VC games back to your Wii, where you would potentially still have use for them.
#52SolisPosted 1/25/2013 9:41:24 PM
I wish the "upgrades" being offered for the VC conversion were in any way comparable to the upgrade between DVD and Blu-ray.

On that note though, you didn't have to pay extra per-movie for your Blu-ray player to upscale DVDs.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#53Waggy17Posted 1/25/2013 10:43:11 PM
Solis posted...
I wish the "upgrades" being offered for the VC conversion were in any way comparable to the upgrade between DVD and Blu-ray.

On that note though, you didn't have to pay extra per-movie for your Blu-ray player to upscale DVDs.

And you don't have to pay extra to play Wii VC without the extra features on your Wii U.

No one will deny that Nintendo is providing an additional service for Wii U VC features. If you deny this, then prepare to be laughed at. In a capitalistic system, a given entity will request compensation for services provided.

People need to stop crying, because they sound like entitled brats.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#54Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 10:45:01 PM
Waggy17 posted...
And you don't have to pay extra to play Wii VC without the extra features on your Wii U.

No one will deny that Nintendo is providing an additional service for Wii U VC features. If you deny this, then prepare to be laughed at. In a capitalistic system, a given entity will request compensation for services provided.

But ten you would need to play them in Wii Mode which is part of the issue.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#55geneticsftwPosted 1/25/2013 10:47:15 PM
Baha05 posted...
Waggy17 posted...

Not having played the vc in wii on wii u, why is 8t a big isssue?
---
Sweet
#56shampoowarriorPosted 1/25/2013 10:47:51 PM
I wish Apple charged $1 to watch media we already purchased on a high def screen.
Or Steam charged $1 to transfer my games to a new computer.

Physical media is not a part of this VC discussion. That's a strawman.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#57Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 10:51:03 PM
geneticsftw posted...

It's really a step backwards as you have to play it in basically an emulator of the Wii Menu, so it requires starting up the Wii U, selecting Wii Mode, getting a Wii Mote and have the OS slowly open it so you can play your games.

So you technically are playing it on a Wii in the sense you have to go through that issue, it would have been far better to implement the Wii apps into the Wii U menu an give VC titles pro controller options and have Miiverse and Game Pad as a premium package.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#58DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 10:51:14 PM
geneticsftw posted...
Baha05 posted...
Waggy17 posted...

Considering Nintendo will have handled the OS speed updates before this VC offer becomes live, I don't see the problem either.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#59Godstriker8Posted 1/25/2013 11:02:55 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
kingofall214 posted...
You are paying $1 dollar to redownload the same exact ROM into a different folder on your wii u.

With new features like save states, custom controls, and Miiverse.

My bad, 1$ to access an updated emulator with features that computer emulators already had way before the Wii's launch.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#60DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 11:06:32 PM(edited)
Godstriker8 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
kingofall214 posted...
You are paying $1 dollar to redownload the same exact ROM into a different folder on your wii u.

With new features like save states, custom controls, and Miiverse.

My bad, 1$ to access an updated emulator with features that computer emulators already had way before the Wii's launch.

So why don't those emulators have commercial games packaged with them?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project