I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#61DifferentialEquationPosted 1/25/2013 11:08:44 PM
Nope, the $1 upgrade fee is not reasonable.

Playing on the gamepad is purely a hardware feature. You should not have to pay extra to utilize your hardware to its fullest potential.

So then they're charging the $1 fee for the Miiverse features. Now that I can understand. That is an innovative feature. Though I wish there was some way I could access message boards for free, maybe one day when the internet catches on.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#62DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 11:22:09 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Playing on the gamepad is purely a hardware feature. You should not have to pay extra to utilize your hardware to its fullest potential.

Did anyone complain about not being able to use the Wiimotes and/or Classic controller for GC games on the Wii? What about PS2 games on the PS3? Shouldn't the PS3 "wireless" controllers not need to be "wired in" to be able to use them for PS2 games?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#63Baha05Posted 1/25/2013 11:24:15 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Did anyone complain about not being able to use the Wiimotes and/or Classic controller for GC games on the Wii? What about PS2 games on the PS3? Shouldn't the PS3 "wireless" controllers not need to be "wired in" to be able to use them for PS2 games?

Big difference is that the GC games would have to be re-worked to use the Motion controls while VC is more or less mapping buttons. Also I can play PS2 games on my PS3 without having my controller wired.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#64geneticsftwPosted 1/25/2013 11:24:53 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

Psh, thats obviously different.
---
Sweet
#65DifferentialEquationPosted 1/25/2013 11:26:34 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

These are all the things that hardware is not designed to do, though (aside from PS3 backwards compatibility, which was removed).

But, the Wii controllers were never designed to work with Gamecube games in the first place.

The Wii U (and its OS) are designed to stream to the gamepad screen. It is a feature that is system is capable of doing. You should not have to pay extra for this.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#66DiscostewSMPosted 1/25/2013 11:42:33 PM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...

These are all the things that hardware is not designed to do, though (aside from PS3 backwards compatibility, which was removed).

But, the Wii controllers were never designed to work with Gamecube games in the first place.

The Wii U (and its OS) are designed to stream to the gamepad screen. It is a feature that is system is capable of doing. You should not have to pay extra for this.

I don't understand. The Wiimotes (and Classic Controller) are a feature of the Wii to act like wireless controllers, so why couldn't the Wii OS allow button mapping for GC games? They wouldn't have to use motion sensors, just buttons.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#67AmakusaPosted 1/25/2013 11:41:29 PM

That doesn't mean the software is designed to do it.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#68DifferentialEquationPosted 1/25/2013 11:43:13 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

I don't understand. The Wiimotes are a feature of the Wii to act like wireless controllers, so why couldn't the Wii OS allow button mapping for GC games?

Maybe it would have been easy to do, but they don't.

The Wii U, however, does stream to the gamepad.

A feature that doesn't exist but should is not the same situation as a feature that does exist and that you have to pay extra to utilize.
---
#69P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/25/2013 11:47:51 PM
Amakusa posted...

That doesn't mean the software is designed to do it.

*slow clap*
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#70JKatarnPosted 1/25/2013 11:51:31 PM
darkjedilink posted...
656stooge posted...
You realise that adding things like custom controls, save states and playing on the game pad would only require editing the basic emulator, right?

You realize that every VC title has its own custom emulator, right?

Um...yeah, that's highly doubtful, what's far more likely is they package the same emulator for each system emulated (with differing flags based on things such as NES mapper used, PAL/NTSC etc.) with each ROM.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES