I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#71JKatarnPosted 1/25/2013 11:55:08 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Baha05 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.

Well obviously each emulator would run different depending on the system but each game?

For example, Rare (the company) N64 games have a very odd prgramming where it is seemingly not possible to have it run via Virtual Console. I'm serious. DK64? Conker? Unplayable. And hackers got SUPERSTAR SAGA to run via VC.

Well that probably has more to do with the emulator Nintendo is using not being accurate/fast enough to run their code rather than the code being "very odd" - it's far more likely Rare, coding as "close to the metal" as they would, would need a very accurate emulator to run their code correctly, something the Wii's underpowered (relatively) CPU wasn't designed for.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#72DifferentialEquationPosted 1/25/2013 11:55:43 PM
Amakusa posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
The Wii U (and its OS) are designed to stream to the gamepad screen. It is a feature that is system is capable of doing. You should not have to pay extra for this.

That doesn't mean the software is designed to do it.

Alright, if that's the case then it bascially shows that Nintendo is incompetent. But I guess what should we expect from the company that brought us friend codes and apparently bundles an emulator with each rom (and somehow turning Balloon Fight into a 30 meg download if I'm not mistaken)?
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#73ZetamancerPosted 1/26/2013 12:02:36 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
It should be free as a service to all the people that have a Wii U now and nothing to do on the damn thing because of the current lack of games

It should be free because off tv play was advertised as a main feature in the commercials

It should be free because its already something the system can do without extra 'coding' and only morons believe they have to do some kind of extra work to enable it

1) That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no one likes/dislikes what you like/dislikes.

2) That doesn't mean a thing if the game can't actually do it.

3) Aw, cute, the kid's pretending that he knows how programming works. OK, keep telling yourself that Wii games can do what the Wii U can way before the latter was even created.

Aww cute, the kid's pretending he knows how programming works.

Programming is like any language, vast and complex. I can assure you, putting the entire WII virtual console library on the WII U VC library would in no way be a difficult task. People like you make it sound like they need to individually program a native emulator to attach to each rom.

This couldn't be farther from the truth. No one, or company would ever do this. It would be a waste of manpower and time.

They make 1 emulator. They may attach a copy of it to each game, or have 1 emulator that every game runs through, but they only need to make an emulator once.

Virtual console has never been complicated. It works the exact same way emulators on computers have for years. The only difference is that we don't have user access to folders on the consoles.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#74DiscostewSMPosted 1/26/2013 12:08:22 AM
Amakusa posted...
The Wii U (and its OS) are designed to stream to the gamepad screen. It is a feature that is system is capable of doing. You should not have to pay extra for this.

That doesn't mean the software is designed to do it.

Alright, if that's the case then it bascially shows that Nintendo is incompetent. But I guess what should we expect from the company that brought us friend codes and apparently bundles an emulator with each rom (and somehow turning Balloon Fight into a 30 meg download if I'm not mistaken)?

So, "x is incompetent" is the response to give when your argument is trumped? What happens when the user goes into Wii mode? The system literally resets itself with a configuration that complies with what the Wii mode needs to keep backwards compatibility high, just like the Wii did with the GC mode. The Gamepad streaming is a Wii U OS feature, and the Wii U OS is not running in the background while the Wii mode is active. Sure, they "could" get Wii channels to show up on the Wii U menu (as it is known that it can read Mii information and import them into the Wii U OS) so they could be launched from there, but it would still be reset to Wii mode, and since Wii mode has no actual knowledge of a Wii U OS (which as it is requires another reset to do so), it wouldn't be able to reboot into Wii U OS from the Home menu in each game.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#75TheBonfiniPosted 1/26/2013 12:23:49 AM
The early bird gets the worm, remember.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#76SolisPosted 1/26/2013 12:34:03 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Did anyone complain about not being able to use the Wiimotes and/or Classic controller for GC games on the Wii?

Yes, and rightly so.

What about PS2 games on the PS3? Shouldn't the PS3 "wireless" controllers not need to be "wired in" to be able to use them for PS2 games?

Uhh, what? They don't: you can use the PS3's wireless controller to play PS2 games. Wirelessly.

To put this into perspective, this would be like if the PS3's downloadable PS1 library booted the system into PS2 mode, and required you to use PS2 memory cards and controllers to play them. And then Sony charged you $1.50 each to use PS3 controllers, internal memory card storage, and RemotePlay with them.

Which is yet another curious situation. How is it that Sony was able to make the entire PS1 library playable through RemotePlay both locally and over the internet (including titles played from disc, not just from PSN), yet the Wii U apparently can't do the same for VC games over local streaming to the controller?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#77Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/26/2013 12:36:15 AM
TC, my Bluray player upscales my DVDs for free.. Why pay $1 for the Wii U to upscale your VC games?
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#78RahzarXPosted 1/26/2013 12:37:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TC, my Bluray player upscales my DVDs for free.. Why pay $1 for the Wii U to upscale your VC games?

The same reason I throw dollar bills at your mom.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#79Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/26/2013 12:39:04 AM
^ Mad
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#80RahzarXPosted 1/26/2013 12:39:53 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
^ Mad

No... because she's a hooker.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."