I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blue-Rays

#91-NotoriousLynxPosted 1/26/2013 1:24:12 AM
Wow, an IGN article I agree with. Still, that article sucked. Did like the "babies keep getting born" reason though.
#92metroid00700Posted 1/26/2013 1:39:36 AM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Hell you know what I'm at least hoping for? If say I do break down and buy the VC I hope it adds to my 10% Back for owning a Deluxe.

It'd be cool if it acted like you bought the game at full price. Getting $0.50-$1.00 off depending on the emulated console would make this better. The only way I can justify it, though, is if cloud saving is part of the deal. Otherwise, Nintendo is charging for something Sony does for free, and [without Cloud Saving] better. Also, I can't believe how many people have never tried emulation. Nobody plays Project 64 in school anymore.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#93noutBrPosted 1/26/2013 1:58:51 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
For example, Rare (the company) N64 games have a very odd prgramming where it is seemingly not possible to have it run via Virtual Console. I'm serious. DK64? Conker? Unplayable. And hackers got SUPERSTAR SAGA to run via VC.

I have never heard this before, it sounds like complete nonsense to me. DK64 has a minigame in it that is owned by Rare and is required in order to unlock a Rareware coin. THAT is the reason why Dk64 is not on the VC. Conker's Bad Fur Day is completely owned by Rare so I have no clue why you brought that up, it even got a remake on X-box.

On-Topic: I totally understand why Nintendo asks the extra $1 for the Wii U VC games. It's because they can, just like they can price the VC titles on the 3DS eShop pretty high. Apparently people buy the stuff so Nintendo has no need for lowering the price, I personally don't want to pay that amount of money so I just keep playing my original copies (be it on my actual console or an emulator).

I don't understand why people get so angry or worked up about these things. Nintendo is a business and they will try to get as much money as possible out of their customers, making a profit is their job. If you think a product is too expensive then simply don't buy it.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#94Pawkie07Posted 1/26/2013 2:15:40 AM
jaymart_2k posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/26/5-reasons-wii-us-virtual-console-is-totally-fair

nintendrone defense force
#95Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 4:11:19 AM
Baha05 posted...
Waggy17 posted...
And you don't have to pay extra to play Wii VC without the extra features on your Wii U.

No one will deny that Nintendo is providing an additional service for Wii U VC features. If you deny this, then prepare to be laughed at. In a capitalistic system, a given entity will request compensation for services provided.

People need to stop crying, because they sound like entitled brats.

But ten you would need to play them in Wii Mode which is part of the issue.

You keep repeating that, but it doesn't strengthen your argument.

You either knew you'd be playing the games in Wii mode, or you made the transfer without realizing - despite all the evidence to the contrary - that you'd have to do so in Wii mode and that it would not be reversible.

The amount of time it would take you to boot up your Wii and switch from playing Wii U is probably comparable to loading Wii mode on the Wii U. In addition, a few months from now there may not be the same load times we are currently experiencing (which are not that bad).

Nintendo also didn't even have to include the ability to transfer your games at all. Then people would be complaining about not having this feature included. However, they did include this feature, and now people are complaining about something that was included rather than taken away or left out entirely.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#96Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 4:14:21 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
I wish Apple charged $1 to watch media we already purchased on a high def screen.
Or Steam charged $1 to transfer my games to a new computer.

Physical media is not a part of this VC discussion. That's a strawman.

This argument includes the licensing of games and all that entails. Physical media is very much a part of this discussion.

You can still make digital copies of your physical media, can you not?
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
#97Waggy17Posted 1/26/2013 4:25:57 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Nope, the $1 upgrade fee is not reasonable.

Playing on the gamepad is purely a hardware feature. You should not have to pay extra to utilize your hardware to its fullest potential.

So then they're charging the $1 fee for the Miiverse features. Now that I can understand. That is an innovative feature. Though I wish there was some way I could access message boards for free, maybe one day when the internet catches on.

No one is necessarily saying you won't have access to those parts of Miiverse. You just won't be able to use game-specific features of Miiverse.
---
#98mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 5:31:22 AM
"I wish it only cost me $1 to convert my DVDs to Blu-Rays"

Actually, me too.

Too bad the comparison of buying new physical media to paying a dollar for a firmware update is a pretty horrible comparison.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#99mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 5:35:02 AM
Canas_Renvall posted...
I don't want to get into the VC fee debate in the spirit of neutrality, but I will say that IGN is not a reliable news source for anything, bad or good. In my opinion of course.

That's not your opinion, that's fact.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#100mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 5:55:31 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Baha05 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Well, one, obviously games like N64 and SNES games don't work the exact same way, second, the VC games have the same format as apps such as Netflix, WiiWare, and even IOSes, so its safe to say that they run differently.

Well obviously each emulator would run different depending on the system but each game?

For example, Rare (the company) N64 games have a very odd prgramming where it is seemingly not possible to have it run via Virtual Console. I'm serious. DK64? Conker? Unplayable. And hackers got SUPERSTAR SAGA to run via VC.

This post right here is proof positive that AhnoldDood has no f***ing clue what he's talking about. I mean, we all knew it already anyway, but this one proves it definitively.

The reason why it's not possible to have Rare games like Conker on Nintendo's Virtual Console service is because Microsoft owns that IP now and they aren't sharing. It has f*** all to do with odd programming.
---