So Nintendo is kiddy but...

#1ArturiaZweiPosted 1/25/2013 9:07:16 PM
Playing a game on the Playstation that not only looks like a cartoon, but stars a young boy and his equally young friends and their little animal... genie... things is not?

Yoshi and Kirby with that... aesthetic is bad, but Little Big Planet, its sequel and the Kart spin off are somehow more hardcore?

Being a Hardcore gamer, or a mature gamer is the same as being a Brony, Trekkie, etc. different fandom same concept. No one outside the fandom thinks that gaming is cool or mature so don't bother.

Just open another 2-liter, grab another handful of snack foods and play whatever you like.

Whats your take? Are we all gamers together or is there a difference between a nerd who plays videogames for everyone and a nerd who plays videogames that are bloody and... not for everyone?
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 1/25/2013 9:11:08 PM
Sony exec: *presses free thought alarm*
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#3teh1337gosuPosted 1/25/2013 9:12:47 PM(edited)
Kiddy lol. Oh noez internet strangers call my hobby kiddy.

Also Ni No Kuni deals with pretty heavy themes.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#4ArturiaZwei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:12:54 PM
teh1337gosu posted...

Also In No Kuni deals with pretty heavy themes.

I can't tell you how many times a brony has said the same thing.
#5HejiruPosted 1/25/2013 9:13:37 PM
Anybody who thinks Kirby is kiddy never got to Dream Land 3's final boss.
---
Hidden details about the Wii U Yoshi game I noticed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259642
#6Sailor GoonPosted 1/25/2013 9:16:17 PM
Nintendo makes hundreds of games specifically marketed towards kids...no not kiddy......Sony makes one game with some cartoon elements, suddenly it's supposed to be hypocritical?
Talk about stupid logic
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#7teh1337gosuPosted 1/25/2013 9:16:30 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

Also In No Kuni deals with pretty heavy themes.

I can't tell you how many times a brony has said the same thing.

Games are games, appealing to children. If you have to justify your games as non-kiddy, you're insecure about liking a `kiddy` hobby.

Major sports all originate as kids games too.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#8MATADOR480Posted 1/25/2013 9:28:15 PM(edited)
Who cares? Seriously. Just play whatever the f*** you want to play and enjoy your hobby. You nerds need assurance that what you play is "mature" or "not kiddy"? The more "kiddy" thing is to complain to others that what you like is "mature" or whatever the f***. You dorks are unbelievable. Just game on and don't try to reassure yourselves that what you like doing is not "kiddy". Grow up.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#9GoombaXPosted 1/25/2013 9:18:09 PM
ok, you crossed the line with ni no kuni
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#10DarthFloatyPosted 1/25/2013 9:18:30 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Nintendo makes hundreds of games specifically marketed towards kids...no not kiddy......Sony makes one game with some cartoon elements, suddenly it's supposed to be hypocritical?
Talk about stupid logic

If you're serious about this, then list them. Statistic's showing that their marketed towards kids specifically.

Also maybe a study saying why it's bad for older people to enjoy media marketed for kids?

And you're the mathmagics guy, right? I want to make sure I know who that is, and I've been having trouble pinpointing him.