So Nintendo is kiddy but...

#71CaptainMoosePosted 1/26/2013 9:03:07 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
I remember seeing a something about how kids are all buying COD and Gears and adults were lining up for Pokemon.

This.
All my nieces and nephews (ages 9-14) NEVER play Nintendo. They get their mommy to buy them a 360 and "hardcore" games like cod and l4d. I literally know NO kids who play Nintendo.
Me on the other hand, I'm 25 and me and all my friends buy Nintendo consoles.
#72PendragoonPosted 1/26/2013 9:21:22 AM
CaptainMoose posted...
I remember seeing a something about how kids are all buying COD and Gears and adults were lining up for Pokemon.

I found this image a while back.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/PENDRAG0ON/396001_547462068599873_424909867_n.jpg
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#73EazyERockPosted 1/26/2013 9:29:05 AM
ArturiaZwei posted...
Playing a game on the Playstation that not only looks like a cartoon, but stars a young boy and his equally young friends and their little animal... genie... things is not?

Yoshi and Kirby with that... aesthetic is bad, but Little Big Planet, its sequel and the Kart spin off are somehow more hardcore?

Being a Hardcore gamer, or a mature gamer is the same as being a Brony, Trekkie, etc. different fandom same concept. No one outside the fandom thinks that gaming is cool or mature so don't bother.

Just open another 2-liter, grab another handful of snack foods and play whatever you like.

Whats your take? Are we all gamers together or is there a difference between a nerd who plays videogames for everyone and a nerd who plays videogames that are bloody and... not for everyone?

i dont think anyone considers Little Big Planet "hardcore"..

"hardcore is a term made by people who love FPS's more then their own mother, but are ashamed of that love. So, they use the word hardcore, and mock anything that doesnt require living a 2nd life
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
#74SnackasaurusPosted 1/26/2013 9:29:07 AM
This kind of topic has always wreaked of a lack of maturity in itself.
#75CaptainMoosePosted 1/26/2013 9:31:36 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
CaptainMoose posted...

I found this image a while back.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/PENDRAG0ON/396001_547462068599873_424909867_n.jpg

So real!
#76MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 10:22:11 AM
I think the whole "grounded" trend has harmed pop culture more than it has helped it. Now, there are a lot of "so-called" mature people who shun anything fanciful, colorful, or "kiddy". Also, it's also become more fashionable to look down upon anything aimed at children. Though, I see it as the whole "too cool for school" mentality, where you have butthole elitists displaying their pretentious bulges by demeaning anything not pop culturally "cool". I, personally, never look down on children, nor their tastes. They are just as vital to gaming as teens-adults. Hell, I think Sony and Microsoft SHOULD attempt to broaden their base to include more "reaching out" to kids(just like Nintendo is trying to do by reaching out to teens-adults). I mean, hell, kids matter... A LOT. They are the future of gaming. I think a lot of adults not only take the youth for granted, they act selfishly about gaming, like it owes them 110% of it's aim to satisfy THEM and that it's fine to forget about kids, forgetting that, we all were at one point children, and that we all were playing games back in the day(some even kiddy). There IS no gaming future without these kids, so it should be a high priority to target them(if not as much as teens-adults, maybe even MORE).
#77kobalobasileusPosted 1/26/2013 10:40:54 AM
What the heck is this? I thought "casual" replaced "kiddy" last gen? Are we switching back now? I always feel so left out of the loop...
#78MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 11:56:56 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
What the heck is this? I thought "casual" replaced "kiddy" last gen? Are we switching back now? I always feel so left out of the loop...

Casual seemingly is the more friendly term, though "kiddy" is still being used by the, strangely enough, kiddy-minded "faux adults"(fauxdults) who like to hate anything that doesn't fit their "standard" of what they believe gaming SHOULD be. A game's not grounded, gritty, or it's characters aren't deep on complex philosophical levels, it's "kiddy". If a game's world is bright, colorful, whimsical and fanciful, it's "kiddy".