What would you think of a Conduit 3 on the Wii U?

#31EazyERockPosted 1/26/2013 9:40:54 AM
i would love it
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
#32DrumguyPosted 1/26/2013 10:00:22 AM(edited)
JasonWood22 posted...
Why not? What other EXCLUSIVE Fps franchise exists besides Metroid? HVS just needs ro hire sone real talent to ensure it wont suck like the 2nd one...

Metroid isn't really an FPS. It's got a first-person view but it's a lot more about adventuring than it is shooting stuff.
#33Ryan SiPosted 1/26/2013 10:38:26 AM
Nintendo needs one of their own studios working on a FPS.

Whether that's a new IP or an existing property, though not the Conduit. The series was never anything special and only gathered marginal attention because it was one of the very, very few decent FPSs on Wii.

I say they snatch up the 007 license since Activision finally realized mediocre Call of Duty re-skins weren't going to sell. The last time Nintendo had the license we got GoldenEye for N64.....
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#34HungoverHero777Posted 1/26/2013 12:02:31 PM
It also easily has the the best FPS community I've seen on here.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#35JasonWood22Posted 1/26/2013 7:05:51 PM
Ryan Si posted...

Whether that's a new IP or an existing property, though not the Conduit. The series was never anything special and only gathered marginal attention because it was one of the very, very few decent FPSs on Wii.

I say they snatch up the 007 license since Activision finally realized mediocre Call of Duty re-skins weren't going to sell. The last time Nintendo had the license we got GoldenEye for N64.....

Too bad RARE is owned by microsoft now.
#36FenderMasterPosted 1/26/2013 7:11:02 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Eeeeeeehhhhh, no.

Conduit 1 was there because Call of Duty wasn't.

Well, actually CoD 4 and WaW were released on Wii, I think one of the BO games was too.

HVS promised a PS3/360 quality fps on the Wii. What they produced was a generic mediocre fps with slightly nicer textures and lighting than is expected of the Wii. Their only claim to fame is trying to make HD quality games on an SD console, they failed, and they still have to prove their worth in terms of game design.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#37diggyfreshPosted 1/26/2013 7:23:21 PM
i'd think where's the first two conduits, I want a collection edition

or just a conduit reboot would make me happy
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#38darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 7:32:58 PM
JasonWood22 posted...
Ryan Si posted...

Too bad RARE is owned by microsoft now.

What does RARE have to do with it? Retro would be far more capable of making a 007 game than Rare right now.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#39abigexplosionPosted 1/26/2013 8:08:43 PM
I'd love to see a Conduit 3. You gotta remember, it's like a SyFy movie, some parts are meant to be laughably stupid (See: Conduit 2's ending.) And nobody nailed the Wii-mote controls quite as well as HVS. Everything about Goldeneye felt wrong after playing C2.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#40Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 8:07:04 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Nope. Unlike some people *coughTCcough*, I play games on all systems and don't need to pretend that The Conduit is good. I've played shooters that are actually good. The Conduit, it's so bad that I'd rather play spunkgargleweewee than buy a hypothetical Conduit 3 for Wii U.

Thankfully, I don't have to. I'll just go play some Darkness 2, Killzone 3 (with fantastic move support), and even Doom. Yeah, Doom. May be old, but it still holds up today and is infinitely better than The Conduit.

BTW, to everyone who disagrees with TC's delusion that The Conduit is good, expect a PM from him where he flames you. Yeah, he tries to act all mature on the message boards, but check your inbox to find that he's no better than the likes of icecreamdunwich.

7=average
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.