Free games Nintendo has given me lately...

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 1/26/2013 5:26:26 AM
Dozen or so games in Animal Crossing.

Excitebike 3D
Zelda Collectors Edition
20 ambassador games
3D classics Kid Icarus
Zelda 4 Swords
Photo Dojo
About 10 games from Club Nintendo with more to come
Donkey Kong special edition

So I can remember about 50 games Nintendo has given me in the last decade or so that they didn't have to give me. I wasn't entitled to any of these games yet I have them now. I'm sure there are more promotions that I have missed or forgotten about. I think that's pretty awesome. Unfortunately this stuff gets forgotten all too quickly as the entitled masses only like to focus on what they are not getting for free. The ability to play Link to the Past on the gamepad with Miiverse for $1.50 sounds like a great deal to me. Free would be even better but $1.50 is fine with me to have these features on some of the greatest games ever made. For the ones that aren't so good, well at least I can still play them on my Wii U for no extra cost. What in the world is the issue people? Quit demanding everything be free for gods sake.
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/26/2013 5:30:34 AM
And you gave them hundreds of $ for all the games you've bought and they still wanna nickle and dime ya. But hey go on getting milked :). I won't be their little dairy cow.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#3guttertalkPosted 1/26/2013 6:12:32 AM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
And you gave them hundreds of $ for all the games you've bought and they still wanna nickle and dime ya. But hey go on getting milked :). I won't be their little dairy cow.

Because it cost Nintendo nothing to add Gamepad support, new save options, and Miiverse functionality.

Nintendo is a business, not a game fairy.
#4XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 1/26/2013 6:24:27 AM

Oh no, what are you saying? Are you going to stop buying Wii U games? Are you going to sell your Wii U? Are you going to curse Nintendo for making some profits here and there?

Tinker Bell just died, and you and your out-of-place emoticons will be missed.

/Sarcasm times a million.
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#5DeathSoul2000Posted 1/26/2013 6:24:37 AM
guttertalk posted...

Because it cost Nintendo nothing to add Gamepad support, new save options, and Miiverse functionality.

it probably takes them less than half a day.
#6mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 6:25:19 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Excitebike 3D
Zelda Collectors Edition
20 ambassador games
3D classics Kid Icarus
Zelda 4 Swords
Photo Dojo

ITT: Paying $80 for something means it was free.

You probably subscribe to Playstation Plus too, don't you?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#7guttertalkPosted 1/26/2013 6:36:53 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
guttertalk posted...

You don't know that. But it's more than the time to add lines of code. There's testing, defect tracking, and the overhead of managing any project, as anyone in a software business knows. And given the number of games, they've either hired or shifted resources. It's not like a programmer working on Zelda stops to do the updates to Balloon Fight.
#8darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 6:47:20 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
guttertalk posted...

Per game, since each game has to be custom-emulated for the system.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9SakurafanboyPosted 1/26/2013 7:50:49 AM
Its not "being milked". Its them running a business, providing a service, and charging for it. Do you get your oil changed for free? No. Do you upgrade to Super Size your meal for free? No. Goods and services come with a price, ***** about it from Nintendo, you better not sit happily with other companies. Yes, Sony's doing free Cross Buy, but that's because they know that's about the only way they'd get Vita sales right now as its sinking faster than the Titanic.

Nintendo, however, is in the green. So they don't need to offer it free to drive up sales. Especially since Monolith's X and SMT x FE are sure to sell Wii U systems. Besides, $1 - $1.50 shouldn't break you. Yes, I know it can be way if you have a lot of games, but here's a tip: only upgrade what you know you'll actively be playing in the near future. Then you won't be paying as much. If you then decide on other games later on, then upgrade them. This is just selfish brats who think they deserve the whole cake.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10ElGadoPosted 1/26/2013 7:52:57 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Excitebike 3D
Zelda Collectors Edition
20 ambassador games
3D classics Kid Icarus
Zelda 4 Swords
Photo Dojo

So I can remember about 50 games Nintendo has given me in the last decade or so that they didn't have to give me. I wasn't entitled to any of these games yet I have them now. I'm sure there are more promotions that I have missed or forgotten about. I think that's pretty awesome. Unfortunately this stuff gets forgotten all too quickly as the entitled masses only like to focus on what they are not getting for free. The ability to play Link to the Past on the gamepad with Miiverse for $1.50 sounds like a great deal to me. Free would be even better but $1.50 is fine with me to have these features on some of the greatest games ever made. For the ones that aren't so good, well at least I can still play them on my Wii U for no extra cost. What in the world is the issue people? Quit demanding everything be free for gods sake.

Just another brainwashed Nintendrone.

Nothing to see here folks.