Tomb Raider doubtful for Wii U

#21tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/28/2013 6:32:15 AM
Another with the "too unique" excuse. Stupid.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#22VRX3000Posted 1/28/2013 7:34:21 AM
so we're still in the "must use EVERY gimmick in a system or else it isn't worth it" mode for 3rd parties eh? Whenever you do use EVERY gimmick, it ends up sucking. That was true with the Wii, it'll be true for Wii U. If the game doesn't use it, that's okay. Still port it.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#23sonicboom510Posted 1/28/2013 7:37:23 AM
That's....pretty awful news..
---
http://i43.tinypic.com/690pc5.gif
http://h12.abload.de/img/0412_mmump.gif
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 1/28/2013 7:44:29 AM
VRX3000 posted...
If the game doesn't use it, that's okay. Still port it.

This. I have a feeling that devs not knowing what to do with the screen is going to be the reason that a lot of third party games don't get ported to Wii U.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#25Rasputin77Posted 1/28/2013 10:49:44 AM
^ More "board analysis" from people who actually take this s*** seriously, lol... cracks me up. XD

There will be a day when you learn to not care... and when that day comes, you will look back on all of this, and you will laugh. I guarantee it.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#26Sir_HaxorPosted 1/28/2013 10:53:56 AM
I was never planning on getting it for any other platform. Why would I buy it for WiiU? Looks like another interactive movie that won't break even.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#27_FalstaffPosted 1/28/2013 10:58:06 AM
DTY3 posted...
inb4 LOL NOW NINTENDRONES DONT CARE

You guys do realize the board isnt one giant hivemind.....right?

Very few people take the time to actually think about it. It's easier to be on autopilot and not think.

Anyway I've neverplayed Tomb Raider and I dont really want to.

I've never been interested either, and this new one has done nothing to pique my interest. It looks like all they've done is taken a quick glance at Making AAA Games for Dummies.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#28Ferarri619Posted 1/28/2013 11:04:29 AM
mjc0961 posted...
Oh no, not getting another crappy Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider game.

What about Core Design Tomb Raider games then?

Come to think of it, I really need to buy the classic Tomb Raider games off gog.
---
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~
#29Maxx_the_SlashPosted 1/28/2013 11:36:39 AM
People keep posting topics about this, so here's my universal answer to all of them:

Crystal Dynamics is too ****ing stupid to realize that there's a Pro Controller and the Pro Controller and the GamePad are essentially the same things (only with one having a touch screen and the other not). All of the buttons are in the same places and games can be played with the GamePad just as easily as they can on the Pro Controller.

Crystal Dynamics has a case of creativity block and can't figure out what to use the touch screen for, so instead of doing what other developers know to do and either add a map to the touch screen or make it display everything that's on the TV so people can play "off-TV" like New Super Mario Bros. U and Black Ops 2 can, instead they just wont make the game for the Wii U at all.

**** them. Whether they made a Wii U version of Tomb Raider or not, Crystal Dynamics hasn't even been on my radar since Tomb Raider 3 and I wouldn't have gotten the reboot anyway. The principal of the thing is that they wont release a version for the Wii U for those who may want one, over a completely bull**** reason. Do we really want a stupid-ass developer like Crystal Dynamics doing anything for the Wii U?

So the way I look at this is as such: No big loss. I have better developers to spend my time on. Even Capcom is starting to be a developer worthy of my time once again (slowly, at least). Crystal Dynamics hasn't been relevant since the PS1 era.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash