Is Xenoblade Chronicles kiddy?

#21BeanBeanKingdomPosted 1/26/2013 11:05:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf6f6hG9V_0&t=1m32s

Because Valkyria Chronicles is kiddy.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#22MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 11:05:54 AM
First, I've never ever heard anybody refer to Xenoblade Chronicles as "kiddy".

Second, even if it WAS kiddy, why would that even matter? Seriously, and I believe this for a fact, anybody who resorts to pulling the "You're game's so kiddy! I'm too mature for this!" BS is a "so-called" elitist M-gamer that lacks any TRUE sense of maturity in general, no true mature person would lower themselves to the point that they'd make fun of/degrade and or look down upon anything deemed "kiddy". That's about as far as from being mature than anything. Maturity is being comfortable with who you are and to handle situations with tact and grace. And I seen this on the Ni no Kuni board too, to troll regarding something being inferior because it is "kiddy" is, in itself, immature.

Third, I think kids are given the shaft these days. If there was ever attempts to give the youth their own games to play and enjoy, so be it and let them have their fun. They don't need these "so-called mature adults" coming in and making fun of them for their youthful tastes and how it doesn't align with their "oh so adult tastes". "Oh, the game's not gritty, and characters aren't a psychologist's wet dream and the setting's not grounded in reality.... sooooo kiddy, fantasy crap and anybody who likes it doesn't have an evolved taste!". Let the kids have their games and let their taste define what the next generation is. And, so what if it overthrows the modern standard of "grounded, deep and pretentious mumbo jumbo", and those who hail such as the definitive "right" get trampled and tossed aside as the next reign shuns them. That is life and as far as I'm concerned, a change I would welcome with open arms(because, quite frankly, some people need to be cut down to size).
#23Mattatron42Posted 1/26/2013 11:11:07 AM(edited)
guns=mature and there are guns in the game
violence rules guns are cool
we've got guns in our game
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#24_FalstaffPosted 1/26/2013 11:12:12 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
First, I've never ever heard anybody refer to Xenoblade Chronicles as "kiddy".

I agree with most of what you wrote. It should come as no surprised that some people will automatically call anything associated with Nintendo "kiddy." If Rockstar made a GTA exclusive to the Wii U, there are people who would label it "kiddy."

The word kiddy is as ill-defined as the word troll.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#25Ryan SiPosted 1/26/2013 11:33:09 AM
Xenoblade is great. I don't think of it as "kiddy" at all personally.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#26abbyhitterPosted 1/26/2013 11:36:07 AM
No, it's not kiddy because it has cussing and swords.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#27Banjo2553Posted 1/26/2013 11:54:15 AM
Nope. Anti-religion, breast jiggle, and blood.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#28LemonKweenstaaaPosted 1/26/2013 11:59:07 AM
Xenoblade? Kiddy? What are some of you smoking?
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#29ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 11:59:16 AM
Regardless of whether it's, "kiddy," or not, I choose to play it anyway, as I, unlike some people, have nothing to compensate for, if you know what I mean, *winkwinknudgenudge.*

inb4thatjokewaskiddyandimmature
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#30mashuPosted 1/26/2013 11:59:49 AM
SkyCrackers posted...
What? No.

This.

Its a JRPG. The TC even asking this makes me think they don't like JRPGs in the first place. They certainly have a different style and feel than WRPGs - and thankfully so - for those of us who dislike western RPGs.