Is Xenoblade Chronicles kiddy?

#41sentoworfPosted 1/26/2013 11:46:02 AM
People die and some of the female cast like to show off their boobies and their butts.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#42melbye80Posted 1/26/2013 11:46:22 AM
It has blood, murder and violence, but since it is on a Nintendo-console of course it is kiddy
#43MagnaderAlphaPosted 1/26/2013 11:53:27 AM
GoombaX posted...
emagdnE posted...
yes

it's basically a shounen anime movie, and shounen anime are aimed at children, so.....

the hell is shounen? Please xplain cause i dont understand weaboo kid talk

Shounen is usually aimed at teenage males, not young boys, and it's the opposite of shoujo(which are aimed at teenage girls). Shounen is usually catagorized as manga/anime with cool/bad*** characters that appeal to boys and young men(Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bleach) and is filled with stylish action and fight scenes. Shoujo is more female friendly, stories driven by romance, softer artistic styles and effeminate male characters. If you can say western equivalents to these two styles, Shounen would be God of War or any cool game with a bad*** main character that kicks butt, and Shoujo would be, like, Twilight.
#44NikraPosted 1/26/2013 11:58:00 AM
Xenoblade is THE ultimate Wii game: It doesn't get any better. Except for a Wii U sequel with upgrated graphics.
There's even a giant map on the disc which they left out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unGfUMT5bcQ
#45HrothdanePosted 1/26/2013 11:58:03 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
If you can say western equivalents to these two styles, Shounen would be God of War or any cool game with a bad*** main character that kicks butt, and Shoujo would be, like, Twilight.

God of War would be seinen. It's basically Berserk in Ancient Greece.
#46tigertomas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:02:12 PM
Thanks a lot everybody! It looks like no one thinks it's a kiddy game, so I will go ahead and buy it.

What about Fire Emblem?
#47MonadAlvisPosted 1/26/2013 12:04:30 PM
tigertomas posted...
Thanks a lot everybody! It looks like no one thinks it's a kiddy game, so I will go ahead and buy it.

What about Fire Emblem?

Why are you letting other people's definitions of the term kiddy define your personal game choices anyway?
---
I've just had my wisdom teeth out so am on painkillers.
I apologize for any misconduct.
#48_Yag_Posted 1/26/2013 12:05:43 PM
mattersville posted...
Content-wise it's maybe PG-13. *Spoilers ahead* Thematically, specifically late-game, it conveys some mature, anti-religion concepts.
It's also the best RPG in a decade or more. People complaining about the easiness, especially regarding death, must not have played Skyrim. It reloads at checkpoints in much the same way.

this, dont listen to all the other fools on the board. hate the player not the game.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#49tigertomas(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:09:37 PM
MonadAlvis posted...
tigertomas posted...

What about Fire Emblem?

Why are you letting other people's definitions of the term kiddy define your personal game choices anyway?

I'm not, but I don't wanna waste money on games I won't be able to enjoy; like I said, I don't like Valkyria Chronicles due to the childish cutscenes.
#50Kromlech06Posted 1/26/2013 12:11:56 PM
Here's a trick that works nine out of ten times:

What is the age of the protagonist?

That's the age of the target audience.