Is Xenoblade Chronicles kiddy?

#61AnclationPosted 1/26/2013 2:15:39 PM
It's awesome is what it is.
#62FaycelessPosted 1/26/2013 2:22:02 PM
If you're asking that question...

...stop playing games. Go watch The Expendable 2 or whatever. You'll like that. Games aren't for you. A certain level of intelligence is required.
#63FulvipPosted 1/26/2013 2:22:22 PM
Best game on the Wii and RPG of this generation is what the game is.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#64melbye80Posted 1/26/2013 2:24:02 PM
Alyzabeth1990 posted...
No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7FUfJmfpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBAzlg2Muzc

That's just...wrong
#65Virus66Posted 1/26/2013 2:44:42 PM
miraimike posted...
tigertomas posted...
MonadAlvis posted...
tigertomas posted...
Thanks a lot everybody! It looks like no one thinks it's a kiddy game, so I will go ahead and buy it.

What about Fire Emblem?

Why are you letting other people's definitions of the term kiddy define your personal game choices anyway?

I'm not, but I don't wanna waste money on games I won't be able to enjoy; like I said, I don't like Valkyria Chronicles due to the childish cutscenes.

How old are you?

Obviously not old enough. Anyone who is worried about what games are "kiddy" and "mature" have a lot of growing up to do.

Please note, you can be old, and still not "grown up". I've seen more than a fair share of 40 year olds who act like a child more than a 10 year old.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#66ExuldAcrexPosted 1/26/2013 3:03:50 PM
Nightshade Zero posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
I was being sarcastic. I could care less if someone thinks this unbelievable game is "kiddy."

You joking? Its babys first RPG. You can't die, just respawn with no penalty. You can just warp anywhere. And the"story" is incredibly simple and boring.

You just described call of duty. you need to seriously rethink your games as well as what you consider kiddy.
#67scorpyinPosted 1/26/2013 3:09:20 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
I was being sarcastic. I could care less if someone thinks this unbelievable game is "kiddy."

You joking? Its babys first RPG. You can't die, just respawn with no penalty. You can just warp anywhere. And the"story" is incredibly simple and boring.

Not sure if your joking/trolling or actually that stupid lol.. None of those things determine a "good" video game except story. Obviously you don't understand (relatively) big concepts or you'd have no complaints about the story. You could call it's story a LOT of things, but simple... boring? Just leads me to believe you had no idea what was happening.
#68mike_testPosted 1/26/2013 3:11:49 PM
videogamefan65 posted...
People die, and there's blood and stuff, so I wouldn't say it's "kiddy"

That is not a defining prerequisite for a "mature" game.
#69Oni_TaedoPosted 1/26/2013 3:14:54 PM
CaptainMoose posted...

There's no penalty for dying in ANY game.
Unless everytime you die someone snatches the controller away from you and slaps you across the face with a hot waffle iron.

I suppose that would make you want to get better at the game.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#70Megaman OmegaPosted 1/26/2013 3:52:27 PM
You can get by just running around and grinding since there is no penalty for dying

Except that it throws you back to the checkpoint when you die and everything you killed respawns. You lose progress in the dungeon if you die, without actually losing money, xp or anything like that. This is how dieing should be, hindering your progress without frustrating the player by making them weaker.

As a result, it makes people want to actually participate in difficult battles rather than only stick to curbstomping easy monsters fearing dieing and losing their progress.
---
The Japanese don't celebrate Christmas. - Sailor Goon
6 + 4 = 11 - Sailor Goon