Why lazy third-party devs don't port their games to the Wii U

#113D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:00:33 AM
DaCSSMastah posted...
3D_Shado posted...
1. No desire for innovation, just want to make another military FPS
2. Bias against Nintendo
3. Too lazy to learn the Wii U coding
4. Little faith in the Wii U just because it's not some super PS4 or dumb s***

Basically the ones who don't plan to develop on Wii U are COWARDS. Remember that the greater risk = greater reward, so the devs that ARE developing for Wii U will end up dominating the next generation. Remember this and remember to post the Wii U oath in any troll topic about canceled Wii U games:

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No trolls shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship Sony's might,
Beware the power, Wii U lover's light!!!

Stay strong fellow Nintenbros.

Wow, what a fan boy topic.

1. It has nothing to do with no desire for innovation. It just might not fit in with the vision for their game. It is their game NOT YOURS.

2. And rightly so. they are a very closed off company and history tells them that unless your are Nintendo actually making the game, chances are not good for selling a lot of copies. Its a risk/reward for them, and they are seeing too much risk, and not enough reward.

3. What a stupid comment. Absolutely stupid. Clearly you have no idea what it takes to actually learn how to program. I don't do game programming, but I do web programming and it takes a lot of skill and time to become masters of any code. These are hard working and very smart developers.

4. It has nothing to do with PS4 or Xbox. Reread #2 if you didn't get it in your head before on why someone might not want to make a game for WiiU.

I am astonished that you would call these game companies 'cowards'. It is a old saying, but it is more true here than anywhere. If you don't like it, then make your own game and then maybe your tune will change.

Good grief.

1. Well if there not willing to fit their vision to the evolution of gaming, f*** them. I don't want to play more rehashed shooters and action games next-gen, I want a REVOLUTION.

2. So explain why Resident Evil 4 (a Wii game) is Capcom's most successful game in history

3. Yeah well they must not work hard enough if Wii U is too hard for them to develop on

4. Fact is PS4 and Xbox 3 offer the EASY route: more call of duty and dumb cash-ins. Wii U offers more.

And I'm not rich or owning a studio so how am I gonna make a game hmm? Go back to the Ps3 board troll
#12userfrigginamePosted 1/26/2013 11:00:40 AM
This topic is one big contradiction. "Awww, I want third-party support (as seen by my complaining), but cuz Wii U can't have them, I'll say those developers are just lazy, and those games are not innovative anyway" is what I heard. Too some extent, you're right. They are lazy. They see that the input of work that they perform into porting their games to the Wii U as too much compared to how much money it may make. Why sell a game that's for the Wii U that's already out on 2 other consoles? I'm all for Nintendo being that exclusives console with great franchises, so I really don't care about third-party support, as I'm always get Nintendo/Sony consoles.
#133D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:05:21 AM
userfrigginame posted...
This topic is one big contradiction. "Awww, I want third-party support (as seen by my complaining), but cuz Wii U can't have them, I'll say those developers are just lazy, and those games are not innovative anyway" is what I heard. Too some extent, you're right. They are lazy. They see that the input of work that they perform into porting their games to the Wii U as too much compared to how much money it may make. Why sell a game that's for the Wii U that's already out on 2 other consoles? I'm all for Nintendo being that exclusives console with great franchises, so I really don't care about third-party support, as I'm always get Nintendo/Sony consoles.

troll post
#14Mystic_ShadoPosted 1/26/2013 12:26:24 PM
Based 3D
#15DaMan1900Posted 1/26/2013 12:51:13 PM
pie
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#16userfrigginamePosted 1/26/2013 1:12:08 PM
3D_Shado posted...
userfrigginame posted...

troll post

Troll? There IS a military shooter on the Wii U. It's called Black Ops 2. You would call the overall CoD franchise innovative? The games that don't seem to be porting their games are Dark Souls II, GTA V, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, and possibly more. "Just another military shooter"?? But, why care so much about ports anyways? Do you really want Nintendo to be more like the other two consoles in terms of games? I like Nintendo cuz it's unique from Xbox and PS. Don't let lack of third-party support bother you, and focus on what Nintendo's good at: making great exclusives. Less third-party support, more motivation for Nintendo to come out with unique games exclusive to the Wii U.
#173D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 1:37:48 PM
u really think im reading all that junk? LOL.
#18userfrigginamePosted 1/26/2013 1:43:43 PM
3D_Shado posted...
u really think im reading all that junk? LOL.

Great, I got into an argument with a person who thinks it's too much of a hassle to read a simple argument that's a few sentences long. I sunk lower than I thought. And, on top of that, this post made me digress to the point of calling out your reading level. I'm somewhat ashamed of myself.
#19ChipChippersonPosted 1/26/2013 2:21:39 PM
I'd add a reason #5, which is possibly the most important: hardcore Nintendbros would rather sit on their thumbs and let the console collect dust waiting for Zelda than buy 3rd party games. Either they think the console will explode if they insert a 3rd party game or they don't want to make Miyamoto sad, either way I don't understand it.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#203D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 4:47:54 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
I'd add a reason #5, which is possibly the most important: hardcore Nintendbros would rather sit on their thumbs and let the console collect dust waiting for Zelda than buy 3rd party games. Either they think the console will explode if they insert a 3rd party game or they don't want to make Miyamoto sad, either way I don't understand it.

Keep it up Sony troll, whatever makes you feel better about no PS4.