How much cheaper do you think the Wii U would be if it had no extras

#1RemixDeluxePosted 1/26/2013 11:14:11 AM
Hypothetically if it was just a console similar to the GameCube where you just put in a game turn it on and get right to the game. Of course you also have access to settings like Time & Date, Internet settings, and game saves, etc.

I'm talking about No Backwards Compatibilty, no internet browsing, no youtube, absolutly nothing extra.

Would the price difference be significantly cheaper?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/26/2013 11:20:58 AM
I think that, without the Gamepad, they could sell it at $250 using their current business model (sell at a loss that becomes profit through one software sale)
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:22:16 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I think that, without the Gamepad, they could sell it at $250 using their current business model (sell at a loss that becomes profit through one software sale)

No, thats part of the gaming system to be used with games. I'm talking about things that have absolutely no necessity towards actual gameplay.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4blunderminePosted 1/26/2013 11:24:04 AM
probably debut at around $200
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:27:08 AM
blundermine posted...

That much of a difference. Damn.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 11:28:20 AM
If they still had the gamepad, it'd still be at least $250, as it wouldn't cost much less to produce, it would have just severely reduced R&D costs.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7blunderminePosted 1/26/2013 11:35:56 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
blundermine posted...

That much of a difference. Damn.

Oh I was thinking without the gamepad. Without the multimedia stuff, maybe $290.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#8RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:39:21 AM
Guys Guys. Let me be clear on what I mean by no extras.

Extras:
No video chat, No Nintendo TVii, No youtube, (maybe eShop), No Miiverse, Friends but only for playing online games together not for messaging each other.

The gamepad is essential to play NIntendo's current Wii U games so please stop excluding it.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#9DTY3Posted 1/26/2013 11:40:58 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...

Extras:
No video chat, No Nintendo TVii, No youtube, (maybe eShop), No Miiverse, Friends but only for playing online games together not for messaging each other.

The gamepad is essential to play NIntendo's current Wii U games so please stop excluding it.

Idk about price, but it'd be a pretty **** next gen system.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#10RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:07:51 PM
DTY3 posted...
Remixdeluxe posted...

Extras:

Idk about price, but it'd be a pretty **** next gen system.

I'd be happy just to be able to play Nintendo games alone. I have an iPhone for about everything extra the Wii U can do. Just made the topic out of curiosity.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog