I'm guessing the name Ganondorf has a meaning.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 1/26/2013 12:18:01 PM
I believe that all Gerudo males are named ganondorf.

remember that a male gerudo is only born every 100 years.

There are two ganondorfs in the zelda series.

One in Four Swords Adventure, and the other one in all of the rest of Ganondorf's appearances.

So I'm guessing it's gotta mean something in Hylian. Or Gerudo's really are evil and they named it after their fallen hero Ganondorf, King of Evil.
#2SkyCrackersPosted 1/26/2013 12:21:01 PM
He's called Ganondorf because he's a smaller, weaker version of Ganon. "Ganon-Dwarf", get it? As for why he's named Ganon.... well, I think it has something to do with cannons, or the Zelda canon, or the fact that every game except the first Zelda(OOT) is non-canon.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#3RedOrionPosted 1/26/2013 12:22:01 PM
Gerudos aren't evil, they're just outcasts.
#4KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:22:19 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
He's called Ganondorf because he's a smaller, weaker version of Ganon. "Ganon-Dwarf", get it? As for why he's named Ganon.... well, I think it has something to do with cannons, or the Zelda canon, or the fact that every game except the first Zelda(OOT) is non-canon.

Well for one, Skyward Sword is the first Zelda, and two I mean in Hylian language, not a play on words.
#5KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:22:51 PM
RedOrion posted...

Pretty much why they attacked Hyrule Castle in OoT...
#6CrystalKing5426Posted 1/26/2013 12:23:39 PM
SkyCrackers posted...

except that Ganondorf appeared before Ganon and most incarnation of Ganondorf are more dangerous than Ganon.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#7RedOrionPosted 1/26/2013 12:25:13 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
RedOrion posted...

Pretty much why they attacked Hyrule Castle in OoT...

Technically that was ganondorf, Nabooru repeatedly states that she and the rest of the gerudo disagree with gandorf's evil ways.
#8Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/26/2013 12:26:18 PM
I wonder why Gerudos still look as they do. In OOT it's said they sneak into Hyrule Castle Town and seduce the citizens. You'd think after a few generations the Gerudo would be fairer in complexion and stuff.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#9DiscostewSMPosted 1/26/2013 12:29:09 PM
RedOrion posted...
Gerudos aren't evil, they just have a weird way of showing their love.

Fixed.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10CrystalKing5426Posted 1/26/2013 12:30:42 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
I wonder why Gerudos still look as they do. In OOT it's said they sneak into Hyrule Castle Town and seduce the citizens. You'd think after a few generations the Gerudo would be fairer in complexion and stuff.

Continuously living in desert would probably cancel out the race dilution for skin tone.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards