Wii U needs a game that shows that it can do "next gen" graphics.

#81ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 6:12:30 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
X is more graphically impressive than every single game ever released for the PS360.

/Topic

No, it really isn't.

No, but it is on par with the last few years of games, and it does look like something that could have been announced for the PS3 for 2013 release.

Yeah, which is the exact opposite of what I'm saying the Wii U needs to do.

You just butchered the word opposite. Walking is not the opposite of running.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#82Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 6:18:50 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Jag85 posted...
X is more graphically impressive than every single game ever released for the PS360.

/Topic

Just Cause 2 does pretty well for itself on consoles. It is still my go to game for judging current gen graphics.

Just Cause 2 does look very impressive on the PS360, but just like every other PS360 game, it just can't match the huge scale and draw distance of X.
#83Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:18:51 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

/Topic

No, it really isn't.

No, but it is on par with the last few years of games, and it does look like something that could have been announced for the PS3 for 2013 release.

Yeah, which is the exact opposite of what I'm saying the Wii U needs to do.

You just butchered the word opposite. Walking is not the opposite of running.

How? I want a Wii U game that shows it can do next gen graphics, not a game that can do current gen graphics (again). This is the opposite choice of what I said.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#84Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 6:23:22 PM
Once again... X marks the spot. The huge world and draw distance of this early X build is already well beyond anything I've seen in any PS360 game.
#85Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:26:43 PM
Once again... X marks the spot. The huge world and draw distance of this early X build is already well beyond anything I've seen in any PS360 game.

Really? How? Like we've said before it looks about on par with Lost Planet 2 and 3.
#86Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 6:31:27 PM

Really? How? Like we've said before it looks about on par with Lost Planet 2 and 3.

Nope, they still can't match the huge open world and draw distance of X...

Any other suggestions?
#87Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:34:00 PM
Jag85 posted...

Any other suggestions?

Lol, what? The world we have seen in the video is the same, draw distance too. Sorry champ
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#88squatch22Posted 1/26/2013 6:36:00 PM
Come on Senor. Show us some "next Gen graphics" then.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#89PendragoonPosted 1/26/2013 6:36:36 PM
Jag85 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Jag85 posted...

/Topic

Just Cause 2 does pretty well for itself on consoles. It is still my go to game for judging current gen graphics.

Just Cause 2 does look very impressive on the PS360, but just like every other PS360 game, it just can't match the huge scale and draw distance of X.

Just Cause 2 is one of the biggest games ever made, 400+ square miles with jets that fly at supersonic speeds. And it streams data very quickly, one of my favorite things to do is get the mini jet and fly as close to the surface as I can at full speed. Nothing in X matches that.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#90Jag85Posted 1/26/2013 6:50:02 PM(edited)
Jag85 posted...

Any other suggestions?

Lol, what? The world we have seen in the video is the same, draw distance too. Sorry champ

Yeah right... Lost Planet 2 and 3 both look very foggy in the distance, whereas in X you can see very far into the distance without any details lost... and that's despite X having a much larger world.

Like I said, show me a PS360 game that has a similarly huge open world and very long draw distance comparable to X... because if Lost Planet 3, Skyrim, FFXIII and GTA V (the PS360 versions, that is) can't match X, then I don't know what will.