Would you guys still buy Zelda Wind Waker HD if Nintendo required you...

#31Enigma149Posted 1/26/2013 2:46:41 PM
Baha05 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Let me see if I get this straight - you're entire argument for why traditional controls are better than motion controls is "nope".

Well I could go into why I think traditional are better, aiming might be better but that's really about it. It feel much better when you actually can control Link normally then shaking the controller to make him roll or usingthe touch screen to move and attack.

Does that mean the motion controls are bad? No but they aren't better by any means and the number of people saying yes really baffles me as that's like a really lazy port to use just the motion controls, you'd be better off play TP or SS.

Who said anything about using the touch screen?

Also, I don't get how it's a "lazy port" to include motion controls, but to not change the controls at all is fine. Especially given how this isn't a port.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#32rockyminPosted 1/26/2013 2:53:28 PM
Enigma149 posted...

Erm...

*sigh*

Look, your first two sentences were fair. However, that last one was rather uncalled for, and, quite frankly, only something a fanboy or a troll would say. I like motion controls in some games, traditional controls in others, and keyboard-and-mouse in others still. But I suppose to you that the only reason anyone could possibly like motion controls is because Nintendo made them. Not because they're, you know, a good control method or anything.

Never said anything like that. I only said that is how you sound because you act like if someone doesn't agree with you about motion controls they are wrong.

I am neither a fanboy nor a troll. I like Nintendo, Sony and MS consoles and handhelds equally.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#33Muljo StphoPosted 1/26/2013 2:56:07 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Yes, seeing as motion controls (assuming it's SS-style, not TP-style) are better than "traditional" controls in Zelda games.

Lol no they aren't

Yes, they are. The controls feel better, and when it comes to aiming weapons such as the bow, slingshot, boomerang, etc., they are both faster-to-use and more-accurate.

Indeed. I mean, I'll give SS the discredit it deserves by mentioning how its style of aiming can seem counter-intuitive and confusing if you're stuck in the mindset of the IR pointer aiming that had been standardized for everything else on Wii, but once you understand the concept they were going for and switch over to the new mindset it actually feels really smooth and natural. If you understand it, you shouldn't ever actually "need" to recenter with dpad down. (You might occasionally want to, but you'll see it as a simple convenience instead of seeing it as some sort of much-needed error correction tool like the people who are doing it wrong think it is.)

The C stick did camera control in that game, which you needed quite a bit while sailing.

haha. What? When did you ever need to fiddle with the camera for anything? I twirled the camera around the boat senselessly a few times just for the hell of it, and maybe I stopped the camera in front of Link at some point to capture him looking all heroic and **** standing on that boat with the wind in his hair or whatever. And that's all I can think of that I ever did with the free camera control in that entire game. It's a nice but very pointless feature.

Wind Waker Baton = Wiimote.

It does seem pretty obvious.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#34darkjedilinkPosted 1/26/2013 2:57:14 PM
rockymin posted...
Enigma149 posted...

Erm...

*sigh*

Look, your first two sentences were fair. However, that last one was rather uncalled for, and, quite frankly, only something a fanboy or a troll would say. I like motion controls in some games, traditional controls in others, and keyboard-and-mouse in others still. But I suppose to you that the only reason anyone could possibly like motion controls is because Nintendo made them. Not because they're, you know, a good control method or anything.

Never said anything like that. I only said that is how you sound because you act like if someone doesn't agree with you about motion controls they are wrong.

I am neither a fanboy nor a troll. I like Nintendo, Sony and MS consoles and handhelds equally.

You're not a troll or fanboy, but don't see how "nope" isn't a good argument against motion controls?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#35Baha05Posted 1/26/2013 3:15:19 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Who said anything about using the touch screen?

Also, I don't get how it's a "lazy port" to include motion controls, but to not change the controls at all is fine. Especially given how this isn't a port.

I just did but it goes hand in hand with saying yes to only motion controls when there are several controller options.

And the fact that port/remake that isn't utilizing not only the Wii U Game Pad/Pro but only motion controls s really lazy
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#36miraimikePosted 1/26/2013 3:16:33 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Of course they would. They would buy anything nintendo sold them even if it literally cost them an arm and a leg.

Why are you even on this forum, again?
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#37PaulKagebeinPosted 1/26/2013 3:41:36 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Of course they would. They would buy anything nintendo sold them even if it literally cost them an arm and a leg.

Not true. Being a one-armed gamer would be too frustrating.
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350
#38Tsutarja495Posted 1/26/2013 8:07:56 PM
That would make me want it even more. I can already play with regular controls on my GC, using motion controls from SS would be incentive for me to buy this version. Or even if they used TP style controls, I'd still get the pointer for aiming,
#39RedMage NicoPosted 1/26/2013 8:39:04 PM
I enjoy Twilight Princess's controls, but I like Wind Waker's original controls just as well. Whether or not I buy it depends on what content is changed, if any.
---
Why are Red Mages so red?
#40SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/26/2013 8:40:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]