After Wii U Direct the trolls have become desperate

#51sonic777Posted 1/26/2013 5:34:01 PM
Can PitifulGoombaX go one post without using the words:

desperate
kid
pathetic
OR mad?

Stay tuned to find out!
#52xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/26/2013 5:39:59 PM(edited)
Is NiceKirby even a fanboy of other platformers? Hey Kirby, what's your favorite system of last gen?
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx (The Wonderful 101 Board needs more people)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#53Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/26/2013 5:55:21 PM(edited)
Is NiceKirby even a fanboy of other platformers? Hey Kirby, what's your favorite system of last gen?

I started seriously gaming with the SNES so as far as my favorites per gen it goes...

SNES/GB
N64/GBC
PS2/GBA
360/PS3/NDS
???

Edit: These are not necessarily the only consoles I owned, just my favorites.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#54DTY3Posted 1/26/2013 5:45:39 PM
TC, when will people like you learn that these kinds of topics just exacerbate the problem?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#55mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 5:46:10 PM
Newbie00 posted...
Topics like this are no better.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#56bond465Posted 1/26/2013 5:55:32 PM
Enigma149 posted...
bond465 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
bond465 posted...
Lol have fun waiting till 2014 for the same old games you've been playing. . Ill have fun playing bioshock infinite....gta 5....dark souls 2 etc......

So...the same old games you have been playing...

How many years ago did a bioshock come out? How many years ago did a gta come out?

You guys soak up a Mario that is released every 4 months and LOVE it for some god awful reason. Then you complain about cod coming out every year and tell people to stop buying it.

Here's something about Mario: unlike most other franchises (Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, etc.), Mario consists of multiple series with multiple styles of playing. Just going to throw something out there:

-Since 2002, there have been 4 3D Mario games, or 1 every 2.5 years.
-Since 2002, there have been 4 2D Mario games, or 1 every 2.5 years.
(We can combine these for 8 Super Mario games since 2002, or 1 every 1.125 years)
-Since 2002, there have been 9 Mario Party games, or 1 every 1.111 years.
-Since 2002, there have been 10 Mario Sports games (not counting the Mario & Sonic series), or 1 every year.

Let's compare that to some other series:
-Since 2002, there have been 10 Grand Theft Auto games, or 1 every year.
-Since 2002, there have been 16 Call of Duty games (not counting the iOS Zombie games), or 1 every 7.5 months.

As for the other series you listed, it's true - there are fewer BioShock games and Dark Souls games than Mario games (regardless of which Mario series you use), and those games are released rather slowly. BioShock has 1 game every 2 years (counting the 2 games released from 2007-2012, and BioShock Infinite), which is slightly faster than the 3D and 2D Mario games when they are counted separately. Dark Souls will also have 1 game every 2 years, assuming Dark Souls II comes out in 2013.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do see your point. Mario does come out fairly often, and many Mario fans do complain about the yearly Call of Duty instalments (although I am not among them). Unfortunately, you seem to have forgotten Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, EarthBound, Donkey Kong, etc., many of which will see instalments on the Wii U and 3DS (if they haven't already). You also probably didn't get that my post was meant to point out the irony of you commenting on how everyone was "going to be waiting for the same old games", while all you listed was sequels. I mean, whatever happened to The Last of Us or Beyond?

Thank you for a well thought out post and lack of calling me a kid like the rest of the responses said...even though I am 22.

I did not expect people to post all of the Mario's that ever came out and their respective dates. My point is simply that Mario games come out often and simply lack the creativity that games such as bioshock or dark souls are instilled with. In my opinion of course.

Also, I listed sequels because I don't have a ps3. Those were the titles that just came to mind And most of those "sequels" come out twice a decade unlike Zelda which is thrown onto everything Nintendo owns.
#57bond465Posted 1/26/2013 6:23:33 PM(edited)
squatch22 posted...
bond465 posted...
You guys soak up a Mario that is released every 4 months

Sept 1985 Super Mario Bros.
June 1986 Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version)
Sept 1988 Super Mario Bros. 2 (International version)
Oct 1988 Super Mario Bros. 3
Apr 1989 Super Mario Land
Nov 1990 Super Mario World
Oct 1992 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Jan 1994 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Aug 1995 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Jun 1996 Super Mario 64
Jul 2002 Super Mario Sunshine
May 2006 New Super Mario Bros.
Nov 2007 Super Mario Galaxy
Nov 2009 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
May 2010 Super Mario Galaxy 2
Nov 2011 Super Mario 3D Land
Jul 2012 New Super Mario Bros. 2
Nov 2012 New Super Mario Bros. U

Also,

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Mario_games_by_date

At least one Mario has come out every single year for 20 years now. Most years have 3+ different Mario titles. Ugh where do you get your information from.
#58Enigma149Posted 1/26/2013 5:59:28 PM
bond465 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
bond465 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
bond465 posted...
Lol have fun waiting till 2014 for the same old games you've been playing. . Ill have fun playing bioshock infinite....gta 5....dark souls 2 etc......

So...the same old games you have been playing...

How many years ago did a bioshock come out? How many years ago did a gta come out?

You guys soak up a Mario that is released every 4 months and LOVE it for some god awful reason. Then you complain about cod coming out every year and tell people to stop buying it.

Here's something about Mario: unlike most other franchises (Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, etc.), Mario consists of multiple series with multiple styles of playing. Just going to throw something out there:

-Since 2002, there have been 4 3D Mario games, or 1 every 2.5 years.
-Since 2002, there have been 4 2D Mario games, or 1 every 2.5 years.
(We can combine these for 8 Super Mario games since 2002, or 1 every 1.125 years)
-Since 2002, there have been 9 Mario Party games, or 1 every 1.111 years.
-Since 2002, there have been 10 Mario Sports games (not counting the Mario & Sonic series), or 1 every year.

Let's compare that to some other series:
-Since 2002, there have been 10 Grand Theft Auto games, or 1 every year.
-Since 2002, there have been 16 Call of Duty games (not counting the iOS Zombie games), or 1 every 7.5 months.

As for the other series you listed, it's true - there are fewer BioShock games and Dark Souls games than Mario games (regardless of which Mario series you use), and those games are released rather slowly. BioShock has 1 game every 2 years (counting the 2 games released from 2007-2012, and BioShock Infinite), which is slightly faster than the 3D and 2D Mario games when they are counted separately. Dark Souls will also have 1 game every 2 years, assuming Dark Souls II comes out in 2013.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do see your point. Mario does come out fairly often, and many Mario fans do complain about the yearly Call of Duty instalments (although I am not among them). Unfortunately, you seem to have forgotten Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, EarthBound, Donkey Kong, etc., many of which will see instalments on the Wii U and 3DS (if they haven't already). You also probably didn't get that my post was meant to point out the irony of you commenting on how everyone was "going to be waiting for the same old games", while all you listed was sequels. I mean, whatever happened to The Last of Us or Beyond?

Thank you for a well thought out post and lack of calling me a kid like the rest of the responses said...even though I am 22.

I did not expect people to post all of the Mario's that ever came out and their respective dates. My point is simply that Mario games come out often and simply lack the creativity that games such as bioshock or dark souls are instilled with. In my opinion of course.

Also, I listed sequels because I don't have a ps3. Those were the titles that just came to mind And most of those "sequels" come out twice a decade unlike Zelda which is thrown onto everything Nintendo owns.

Well, everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Also, you should get a PS3 once they come down in price after the PS4 release - the exclusives are definitely worth it.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#59xXDa-KidXxPosted 1/26/2013 6:50:03 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

I started seriously gaming with the SNES so as far as my favorites per gen it goes...

SNES/GB
N64/GBC
PS2/GBA
360/PS3/NDS
???

Well why do you dislike the Wii U so much, I mean, I can see you making the threads you do after 3 years of the Wii U's life, after most of your gripes and concerns have come true. Shouldn't you hold your judgement until proven? Just asking.
---
NNID: xXDaKidXx (The Wonderful 101 Board needs more people)
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers <--[Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and more!]
#60ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 6:52:15 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

SNES/GB
N64/GBC
PS2/GBA
360/PS3/NDS
???

See, there's nothing wrong with disliking the Wii or Wii U or whatever, just don't harass people when they do like the Wii/Wii U. :)

And +10 points for liking the N64.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2