A few questions about controllers.

#1FirsnachiePosted 1/26/2013 4:52:15 PM
Im picking up a Wii u in march and was a bit confused about how the controllers work. And how much I should set aside for accessories.

The official controller is still the wiimote correct? Can I play the new Mario game with 4 of those? Does the Tablet count as a controller in that game?

And does the new Pro controller need to connect to a wiimote? If not does it take batteries or does it charge from the console like a playstation.

Also I was planning on getting the White one since I don't care about color but is the extra memory needed? Im not planning on getting many downloaded games (Maybe a few Zelda games but not much)

Also is syncing controllers a pain like it was on the wii? I lent a friend a remote once and it never synced right again it was a pain to play.

Thanks in advanced!~
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#2tehponycornPosted 1/26/2013 4:55:03 PM
Firsnachie posted...
Im picking up a Wii u in march and was a bit confused about how the controllers work. And how much I should set aside for accessories.

The official controller is still the wiimote correct? Can I play the new Mario game with 4 of those? Does the Tablet count as a controller in that game?

And does the new Pro controller need to connect to a wiimote? If not does it take batteries or does it charge from the console like a playstation.

Also I was planning on getting the White one since I don't care about color but is the extra memory needed? Im not planning on getting many downloaded games (Maybe a few Zelda games but not much)

Also is syncing controllers a pain like it was on the wii? I lent a friend a remote once and it never synced right again it was a pain to play.

Thanks in advanced!~

1. No, that's the gamepad. You can still play the new mario game with them, but you can play on the gamepad without the TV.

2. Pro Controller is it's own thing. It charges from a charging cable.

3. Go for the Black one, the extra memory is ESSENTIAL for getting downloadable games, unless you happen to have an external hard drive.

4. Syncing controllers is virtually unchanged.
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#3Firsnachie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 5:01:39 PM
tehponycorn posted...
Firsnachie posted...

Thanks in advanced!~

1. No, that's the gamepad. You can still play the new mario game with them, but you can play on the gamepad without the TV.

3. Go for the Black one, the extra memory is ESSENTIAL for getting downloadable games, unless you happen to have an external hard drive.

Thats awesome thanks But is the extra 50 bucks really worth space for Zelda 1 II and LTTP?
---
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D
#4Makeveli_livesPosted 1/26/2013 5:09:34 PM
Firsnachie posted...
tehponycorn posted...
Firsnachie posted...

Thanks in advanced!~

Thats awesome thanks But is the extra 50 bucks really worth space for Zelda 1 II and LTTP?

There's a 5 gb patch necessary to go online. That's over half the space built into it gone already before you even attempt to download those one or two games
#5mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 6:04:58 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
There's a 5 gb patch necessary to go online. That's over half the space built into it gone already before you even attempt to download those one or two games

Also, you get Nintendo Land bundled in with alone is worth the price. Get a $60 game for $50, and if that's not enough of a good deal already, you get the extra space, you get the gamepad stand and charging cradle, you get the vertical stand, and you get into their digital reward program thing.

Easily the best $50 you can spend for extra gaming value, and unlike a certain other company out there running one of the most successful scams in the history of gaming, Nintendo won't take all of the extras away if you don't give them another $50 in 2014.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 1/26/2013 6:36:12 PM
From: Makeveli_lives | Posted: 1/26/2013 7:09:34 PM | #004

false. The update is a little over 1GB. Stop telling lies.

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/wii-u-day-one-update-is-only-1gb-can-be-downloaded-in-background/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

http://nintendoeverything.com/106266/wii-us-day-one-update-is-actually-around-1gb-or-so-not-5gb/
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7Makeveli_livesPosted 1/26/2013 6:41:49 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...

Also, you get Nintendo Land bundled in with alone is worth the price. Get a $60 game for $50, and if that's not enough of a good deal already, you get the extra space, you get the gamepad stand and charging cradle, you get the vertical stand, and you get into their digital reward program thing.

Easily the best $50 you can spend for extra gaming value, and unlike a certain other company out there running one of the most successful scams in the history of gaming, Nintendo won't take all of the extras away if you don't give them another $50 in 2014.

It's no different then Netflix. If you don't pay for the service you don't get the goods. And the psn plus program is amazing, currently over 300 bucks worth of digital content for free right now on top of deeper discounts. And it's only the first month of 2013. The total value of free stuff and discounts will be at least 1500 bucks altogether. Lol at anyone so jaded that they can't admit that it's an amazing deal.