Can the Wii U run THIS?

#31JackalPosted 1/26/2013 8:25:43 PM
I didn't realize that was based on Chicago last time that I saw it.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#32knightimexPosted 1/26/2013 8:52:06 PM
It can, and will run it better than ps3\360 assuming the developer doesn't suck at programming.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#33Sarick_LyrePosted 1/26/2013 9:51:08 PM
Watch Dogs probably wouldn't be an easy port for the Wii U. Graphically it could look the best out of the current consoles but I don't really think it would be worth the time and money to make a decent port for the Wii U.

That's really the big weakness of the Wii U. No matter what the system is always going to have ports that struggle in comparison. So multiplatform games are not the Wii U's strong point. The Wii U was more focused on low power and low latency. Its kind of a system with power from 2008-2009 but the technology of today.

I don't see western developers really putting much effort in the Wii U. But on the flip side Nintendo can probably get a lot of software developed from japanese developers.
#34leopoldsharkPosted 1/26/2013 9:54:28 PM
I don't think it looks that much more graphically intensive than Assassin's Creed 3, which the Wii U can run.
#35Sarick_LyrePosted 1/26/2013 9:59:53 PM(edited)
leopoldshark posted...
I don't think it looks that much more graphically intensive than Assassin's Creed 3, which the Wii U can run.

Port issues are from CPU pretty much exclusivly. That's been true of pretty much every console new and old.

Its really easy to adjust and tone down graphics if the GPU power wasn't there, you just adjust the effects and art assets. But adjusting the caculations in the background or putting some of that load on the GPU instead to make an effecient port isn't something that actually occurs a lot.

Think of all those pedestrians, they're all got to act independantly. If for some reason they were to be under gunfire they have to disperse or whatyever else they're programmed to do. That's something you generally get the CPU to deal with and its something the Wii U might struggle to handle if time and money isn't spent on the port.
#36P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/26/2013 10:57:08 PM
The dev is Ubisoft, they said they can do it.

/thread
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#37ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 10:58:20 PM
Sarick_Lyre posted...
leopoldshark posted...

Port issues are from CPU pretty much exclusivly. That's been true of pretty much every console new and old.

Its really easy to adjust and tone down graphics if the GPU power wasn't there, you just adjust the effects and art assets. But adjusting the caculations in the background or putting some of that load on the GPU instead to make an effecient port isn't something that actually occurs a lot.

Think of all those pedestrians, they're all got to act independantly. If for some reason they were to be under gunfire they have to disperse or whatyever else they're programmed to do. That's something you generally get the CPU to deal with and its something the Wii U might struggle to handle if time and money isn't spent on the port.

This. This exactly.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#38jairusmonillasPosted 1/26/2013 11:02:59 PM(edited)
ADHDguitar posted...
Sarick_Lyre posted...
leopoldshark posted...

This. This exactly.

Exactly and In PC terms its called CPU bottlenecking the GPU.
#39ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 11:02:08 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Sarick_Lyre posted...
leopoldshark posted...

This. This exactly.

Exactly and In PC terms its called GPU bottlenecking the CPU.

Wouldn't it be the other way around?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#40jairusmonillasPosted 1/26/2013 11:04:24 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Sarick_Lyre posted...
leopoldshark posted...

This. This exactly.

Exactly and In PC terms its called GPU bottlenecking the CPU.

Wouldn't it be the other way around?

yeah, corrected. anyway with Wii U's weak CPU, Wii U's GPU potential won't be used pretty much.