If enough people buy Balloon Fight etc. could it impact pricing?

#1Shooba2Posted 1/26/2013 5:19:09 PM
Like many people, I don't usually consider it worth it to spend $5 on an NES game on the virtual console.

$0.30 however? I don't even have to think about it. That's nothing. It's an easy impulse buy. I will buy each of these discount games for certain.

This is why I have a lot of iPhone and iPad games. The price is so low that I will buy things on a whim.

So, if a ton of people buy Balloon Fight and the other discounted games, perhaps it could show that selling games for dirt cheap can be worth it, if you make up for the low prices with high sales numbers.

I doubt many people would jump at the chance to pay $5 for Balloon Fight, but if Nintendo priced these games super low, I wonder if they'd sell enough to make more of a profit than what is currently generated?
#2HungtotheoverPosted 1/26/2013 5:21:02 PM
No
---
I own you said the buyer.
#3mjc0961Posted 1/26/2013 5:54:45 PM
I won't buy any of the games because $0.30 is still too much for games I already own or don't want to play.

Balloon Fight (NES) - Ambassador game
F-Zero (SNES) - don't want it
Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES) - own it, don't care about playing on game pad or getting save states since it has passwords
Kirby’s Adventure (NES) - own it
Super Metroid (SNES) - played it before, hated it
Yoshi / Mario & Yoshi (NES) - Ambassador game
Donkey Kong (NES) - own it
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#4SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/26/2013 6:04:00 PM
I don't buy digital games on systems without real accounts. If the system dies for whatever reason, I don't want to have to send it out to Nintendo just to get my purchases back, especially if it happens more than once. I also don't want to have to change my ID everytime because the claim they can't restore it. So Nintendo charging 30 cents or 10 dollars is unimportant to me.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.