Who is your favorite female Nintendo character and why do you like her?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Who is your favorite female Nintendo character and why do you like her?

User Info: MrL1193

MrL1193
3 years ago#61
I'm finding that I can't really pick a favorite, so I guess I'll just give a brief opinion on all the characters listed.

Birdo: Gender issues aside, I just really do not like her obnoxious personality.

Daisy: A fun character. It's just a shame that she's limited to appearing in multiplayer games, where we only see one side of her personality.

Fi: ...She's an artificial intelligence system that talks in a painfully robotic manner. Her forced tutorials are what most people dislike, but apart from them, she's still a very bland character.

Krystal: I've only seen her in Star Fox Assault, but I didn't like her characterization there very much.

Midna: A pretty good character, I think. Her imp form is kind of cute (no, not that kind of cute), but her personality is what makes her memorable.

Peach: She has decent characterization in the Mario RPG games. I just hate the ridiculous voice they give her in games where she speaks out loud.

Rosalina: She's okay, I guess, but not a very prominent character overall.

Samus: I've never played Other M (and only have a passing familiarity with most of her other games, for that matter), but apart from it, she seems like a pretty typical "badass" character and mostly-silent protagonist. She's practically personality-free when she's in her armor, and virtually indistinguishable from the typical male space marine. Overall, she looks cool and does cool things, but she doesn't really have a personality for me to connect with. (Though, again, it may just be because of my limited experience with her games.)

Zelda: Her personality varies too much from game to game (due to her appearing in a different incarnation each time) for me to fully connect with her as a single character.
Knowledge is power, and ignorance is bliss.
Unfortunately, most people won't settle for one; they usually end up with neither.

User Info: ChocoXCheese

ChocoXCheese
3 years ago#62
Birdo is superior, because she's Nintendo's first transgendered character (the second being Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD, I think).
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
3 years ago#63
DTY3 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Peach. She basically fits right into what I'd want in a woman. She's cute, ditzy, able to fend for herself, nice, etc. Plus she kicks ass in Smash Bros. I don't really feel like I could know Zelda as they are multiple entities with differing personalities though I do like the one from SS. I also don't feel that I would know Samus given she has only been truly fleshed out in Other M, and though I did like how she was portrayed, I still don't know much.

You like ditz's? ew

Yes. I think it's cute, by the official definition. A silly, scatterbrained or eccentric person.
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece

User Info: P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
3 years ago#64
ChocoXCheese posted...
Birdo is superior, because she's Nintendo's first transgendered character (the second being Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD, I think).

That makes it a guy in my book.

Edit: Actually, THAT Birdo is a male anyway. It's just a crossdresser.
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
3 years ago#65
Birdo... Maybe... But if Birdo isn't female after all, going with Illyana from Fire Emblem. Hilarious character.
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.

User Info: Ave07

Ave07
3 years ago#66
Samus hot and a badass.

User Info: Hitman1102

Hitman1102
3 years ago#67
Slippy Toad. Nobody will ever convince me she's a male
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

User Info: thechaoticclown

thechaoticclown
3 years ago#68
Other, Palutena.
She is just so awesome, makes jokes, is hot and is a goddess.
You can't get much better then that.

User Info: DrkVrtx

DrkVrtx
3 years ago#69
Surprised by the lack of Pretty Palutena.

User Info: Dynheart

Dynheart
3 years ago#70
Samus.

She's not your typical female protagonist. And her games also kick *** (Other M...was just OK, but didn't Kick ***).
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Who is your favorite female Nintendo character and why do you like her?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived