Will your non snes/ nes vc games transfer over to wii u too?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will your non snes/ nes vc games transfer over to wii u too?
2 years ago#1
Never thought of this til now!
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
2 years ago#2
Ummm what?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
2 years ago#3
N64 etc or do they stay in wii mode? In fact do all your games stay in wii mode unless u pay the upgrade fee? OR do they transfer over to the wii u (minus the extra features)
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
2 years ago#4
They all transfer to your Wii U, they just stay in Wii Mode.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
2 years ago#5
Baha05 posted...
They all transfer to your Wii U, they just stay in Wii Mode.

Im not talking about system transfer im taking about wii u vc, for example balloon fight i have on my wii u tile page now. Will i be able to add all my wii vc games to my wii u dashboard come spring even if they are not upgraded?
---
2 years ago#6
No
---
2 years ago#7
Baha05 posted...
No

So im essentially buying another copy and therefore i will have both one on my wii mode and one on my wii u mode?
---
2 years ago#8
Yup
---
2 years ago#9
johnnybazookabo posted...
Baha05 posted...
No

So im essentially buying another copy and therefore i will have both one on my wii mode and one on my wii u mode?

Yes, but if a game ever ends up being available for purchase on Wii U, you'll only have to pay $1.00 or $1.50. Otherwise, it will only be in Wii mode.

You'll never have to rebuy a game for full price.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
2 years ago#10
So basically, I would pay $1-$1.50 per game and then I would delete them in Wii Mode because I have them on WiiU now?
---
PSN: pein316
Nintendo Network ID: Snorlax316
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will your non snes/ nes vc games transfer over to wii u too?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived