A Nintendo character for each Deadly Sin?

#11krzysio87Posted 1/26/2013 8:20:28 PM
Ganondorf represents envy. His motivation given to him in the Wind Waker would support that.

"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose."

Ganon on the other hand is wrath; considering his origin, it's the most obvious choice.
#12FamliarStrangerPosted 1/26/2013 8:24:17 PM
krzysio87 posted...
Ganondorf represents envy. His motivation given to him in the Wind Waker would support that.

"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose."

Ganon on the other hand is wrath; considering his origin, it's the most obvious choice.

I like Ganondorf as Envy now. However, I'd still say Wrath should be Demise

Gluttony - Kirby
Greed - Wario
Envy - Ganondorf
Wrath - Demise
---
Monster Hunter Tri- Name: Familiar ID:
Father of Desire Sensor
#13robinhoekPosted 1/26/2013 8:28:47 PM
Ganondorf could easily represent Pride as well. Power hungry villains often display a few character flaws.
#14pokemega32Posted 1/26/2013 8:29:28 PM
krzysio87 posted...

Ganon and Ganondorf are a single character.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#15CyclicalPosted 1/26/2013 8:37:42 PM
Mario is Lust. He goes through all those levels and challenges for one thing.
#16krzysio87Posted 1/26/2013 9:49:04 PM
pokemega32 posted...

I think that there's enough of a difference between the two that they can be considered different characters. OoT made it seem like Ganon was just a monster created from Ganondorf's rage and the Triforce's power. I never felt like he was particularly more than a monster.
Nevertheless now Ganon is the reincarnation, of sorts, of Demise and it makes more sense that Demise would represent wrath anyway. I just wanted to snub Demise because I wasn't happy with how he was forced into the story . With how important Ganondorf is to the whole story, his backstory should have been treated more like an integral part of Skyward Sword or left to another game.

Also, since restoring old Hyrule, even long after it's destruction, seems to be his priority above all else; the King of Hyrule, specifically Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, could possibly represent pride. Because his identity was tied to his kingdom, his motivation to save Hyrule, at least in part, would be to preserve himself through his royal lineage or even to return to the throne and regain his former power and status. Basically, he couldn't accept that, without Hyrule, he's king of nothing.
#17krzysio87Posted 1/26/2013 9:50:48 PM
krzysio87 posted...
pokemega32 posted...

In my mind, there's enough of a difference between the two that they can be considered different characters. OoT made it seem like Ganon was just a monster created from Ganondorf's rage and the Triforce's power and I never felt like he was particularly anything more than a monster.
Nevertheless now Ganon is the reincarnation, of sorts, of Demise and it makes more sense that Demise would represent wrath anyway. I just wanted to snub Demise because I wasn't happy with how he was forced into the story . With how important Ganondorf is to the whole story, his backstory should have been treated more like an integral part of Skyward Sword or left to another game.

Also, since restoring old Hyrule, even long after it's destruction, seems to be his priority above all else; the King of Hyrule, specifically Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, could possibly represent pride. Because his identity was tied to his kingdom, his motivation to save Hyrule, at least in part, would be to preserve himself through his royal lineage or even to return to the throne and regain his former power and status. Basically, he couldn't accept that, without Hyrule, he's king of nothing.
#18RHFPosted 1/26/2013 9:55:45 PM
Sloth should go to Snorlax

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luo1g3AWh41r28k5co1_500.jpg
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#19pokemega32Posted 1/26/2013 9:56:21 PM
krzysio87 posted...
I think that there's enough of a difference between the two that they can be considered different characters. OoT made it seem like Ganon was just a monster created from Ganondorf's rage and the Triforce's power. I never felt like he was particularly more than a monster.

Ganon is able to talk in his pig form in ALttP.

He's also clearly able to transform at will in TP.

Just because he acts differently in one form, that doesn't mean they're different characters.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#20Adrian2040Posted 1/26/2013 9:58:44 PM
Wrath should be given to Fawful.
Fawful - "I HAVE FURY!"
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715