Will Nintendo do with the Wii U and 3DS like Sony does with the PS3 and Vita?

#11DotHack90(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:29:06 PM
squatch22 posted...
DotHack90 posted...
squatch22 posted...
No because 3DS and Wii U games aren't the same.

What about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? I was reading about it and there's some sort of connectivity between the Wii U version and the 3DS version.

That's the only 1. I think it'll let u either play multiplayer on 3DS with those on Wii U... or play the Wii U game with 3DS as controller.

Plus you can share save data between the two versions to take the experience on the go. I don't mean to sound rude but do they expect me to buy the game twice?
---
GT - Got Red 0n You
"Wars are to be won with swords and spears, not with rice and salt" Uesugi Kenshin
#12squatch22Posted 1/26/2013 8:30:39 PM
DotHack90 posted...
squatch22 posted...
DotHack90 posted...
squatch22 posted...

What about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? I was reading about it and there's some sort of connectivity between the Wii U version and the 3DS version.

That's the only 1. I think it'll let u either play multiplayer on 3DS with those on Wii U... or play the Wii U game with 3DS as controller.

Plus you can share save data between the two versions to take the experience on the go. I don't mean to sound rude but do they expect me to buy the game twice?

They aren't forcing u to.
Not every 3DS owner has a Wii U, and Vice Versa.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#13GloryChaosPosted 1/26/2013 8:32:01 PM
Most likely not. The portable and home console divisions are separate. And from the way their shops are set up, the 3ds and WiiU seem set to pretend that the other doesn't exist. For now anyway.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#14DotHack90(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 8:32:58 PM
squatch22 posted...
DotHack90 posted...
squatch22 posted...
DotHack90 posted...
squatch22 posted...

They aren't forcing u to.
Not every 3DS owner has a Wii U, and Vice Versa.

Why add the feature then unless they expect you to purchase it twice or will give the other version for free as a download?
---
GT - Got Red 0n You
"Wars are to be won with swords and spears, not with rice and salt" Uesugi Kenshin
#15squatch22Posted 1/26/2013 8:34:31 PM
Some ppl may want it on both consoles. Again, they aren't forcing it on u.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#16strongo9Posted 1/26/2013 8:34:50 PM
I would like to see that done with SSB4.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#17GoombaXPosted 1/26/2013 8:46:18 PM
DotHack90 posted...
GoombaX posted...
no because the 3ds nor the wii u need to rely on each other just to make a sale

It was a serious question, not an attempt to troll. I just bought a Wii U.

it was a serious answer not meant to make sony look bad.
They started that to help vita sales. The 3ds doesnt need that kinda oomph.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#18Baha05Posted 1/26/2013 8:48:45 PM
Can't see it being done TC, I can see maybe some eShop titles with cross play (Most VC)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#19Lelouch71Posted 1/26/2013 8:56:24 PM
GoombaX posted...
no because the 3ds nor the wii u need to rely on each other just to make a sale

Hopefully it stays that way. That the main thing I have against the Vita. There's no point in owning one if you can play most of the game on your PS3. Nintendo should continue to keep both system its own individual. I don't mind some connectivity among games, but they shouldn't overdo it.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"