What are Nintendo's qualification for "New IP's"?

#11pokemega32Posted 1/26/2013 10:15:27 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Ok buttercup, just bringing your fanboy levels back to a manageable level.

Says the guy who immediately starts flinging insults the second someone questions Microsoft or Sony.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#12LifelessBoyPosted 1/26/2013 10:16:12 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
LifelessBoy posted...
pokemega32 posted...
So, how many new IPs have Microsoft and Sony made in the last few years?

Wow, you tried switching attention pretty quickly. Why do you need to be so insecure?

relevant question, if the game needs to be developed by nintendo's internal EAD (meaning owned developers don't count) where does that put Sony this generation as far as new IP's goes?

This topic is about Nintendo, not any other company. That was my point homegirl.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#13FlyinTonitePosted 1/26/2013 10:16:40 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nintendos recent New IP's tend to be pretty bad, or casual. That's why you rarely see sequels to any of them except the casual ones and rarely hear about most of the others. When it comes to the big 3, Sony is the king of making memorable and great New IP's.

wouldnt know havent played as they all look really boring

They're pretty fun but mostly forgettable.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#14LifelessBoyPosted 1/26/2013 10:17:13 PM
pokemega32 posted...
LifelessBoy posted...
Ok buttercup, just bringing your fanboy levels back to a manageable level.

Says the guy who immediately starts flinging insults the second someone questions Microsoft or Sony.

I never insulted you. Feeling sensitive today?
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#15DaMan1900Posted 1/26/2013 10:18:17 PM(edited)
pokemega32 posted...
So, how many new IPs have Microsoft and Sony made in the last few years?

off the top of my head

infamous, uncharted, LBP, heavy rain, resistance

soon The last of us, beyond

unsure modnation racers

edit: im pretty sure thats right...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#16pokemega32Posted 1/26/2013 10:17:50 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
This topic is about Nintendo, not any other company. That was my point homegirl.

The topic is about the qualifications of new IPs from Nintendo.

How those qualifications compare to the qualifications of other developers is a legitimate topic.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#17WTDelta1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:18:48 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nintendos recent New IP's tend to be pretty bad, or casual. That's why you rarely see sequels to any of them except the casual ones and rarely hear about most of the others. When it comes to the big 3, Sony is the king of making memorable and great New IP's.

Honestly, the only new IP I liked from Sony was the Uncharted series. Their other stuff are just not my cup of tea. I'm seeing nice stuff from Nintendo thats not Mario or Zelda, so they got my attention ATM.
---
GOTY: Halo 4(IMO) Playing: Vindictus, Assassin's Creed III, Uncharted 3, Kid Icarus Uprising, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 2
#18PaulKagebeinPosted 1/26/2013 10:18:51 PM
Pikmin isn't the only IP that came out around that time, it just has the most universal appeal, after Animal Crossing. and if you ask the right person, AC is just as good or better than Pikmin.

There was also:
Golden Sun
Eternal Darkness
The Legendary Starfy
Rhythm Heaven

WarioWare and Luigi's Mansion and Mario & Luigi are in the Mario universe, but are definitely sub-IPs.

and of course, much more recently there's
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
and Pandora's Tower
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350
#19Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/26/2013 10:19:26 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

wouldnt know havent played as they all look really boring

They're pretty fun but mostly forgettable.

Yeah. Uncharted can't hold a candle to Wii Music.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#20qwertomanPosted 1/26/2013 10:20:29 PM
If Nintendo owns 100% of a game company and that company releases a new IP, then Nintendo released a new IP. So the question is, are Monolith 100% owned by Nintendo?
---
"So take it out. I'm thristy boy!" - Ikuza