Do any of the Operation Rainfall games have a fun battle system?

#11DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 6:55:15 AM
bump
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#12toad133Posted 1/28/2013 7:25:27 AM
Xenoblade's isn't bad, but I feel like it could have been a bit better...the combat just wasn't very dynamic. It's probably more my taste, though.

Pandora's Tower though, oh god. I got this game when it came out and wasn't a fan of the battle system. The controls never really felt natural or fluid to me and the camera angles lead to unfairness when you fight...not very often in your favour. Also, NEVER fight near doors, because when you go to hit something you'll end up walking out of the room because attack and open are the exact same button. :U
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#13DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:36:27 AM
ugh guess i'm not gonna get any of them. I hate MMO combat. It's so damn terrible. I'd rather play turn based or full out action based.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#14hrodwulfPosted 1/28/2013 10:01:53 AM
Fun is subjective, but if you are looking for a more 'spammy' battle system like KH or Tales, Tha Last Story might be more adequate for you, just be sure to switch to Manual attacking.

Pandora's Tower is more action regarding its battle system. Xenoblade's battle system might look like an MMO's, but it gets pretty fast later on and requires you to constantly be moving because positioning is pretty important, also the 'vision' mechanic is great.
#15badboyPosted 1/28/2013 10:05:08 AM
DTY3 posted...
Xenoblade's looks like boring MMO crap, and I heard Pandora's Tower's controls were pretty bad.

Do any of them have fun battle systems? Like Tales or hell I'll even settle for KH type stuff.

I didn't like Xenoblade either, but TLS is quite fun. Pandora's Tower is also good but I wouldn't put it in the same category, it is more action adventure with some RPG elements.
#16Mattatron42Posted 1/28/2013 10:21:29 AM
I haven't played much of TLS yet, but I love XB. The combat may not be the deepest if you play as just Shulk, but you can select different characters which will give some variety. The system is auto attack plus 8 skill that require a cooldown after use. The real strategy comes with setting up your armor and skills, then within combat using your skills haphazardly against tough monsters will get you killed. Basically the timing and how you use your skills can be extremely important on bosses and unique monsters. I would suggest you try it, I dislike mmo games as well and thoroughly enjoyed this game.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#17Sirian_HawkPosted 1/28/2013 10:27:24 AM
I haven't played in a while but I believe you can turn off the auto attack in Xeno. Then it becomes an action battle system. You have to run around the enemies and mash A to attack, while selecting your skills to use from the bottom set. At least, I am fairly certain you could in this game. Maybe someone who has played more recently could confirm?
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.