Gamecube on Wii U Virtual Console?

#1jjacobsnd5Posted 1/26/2013 10:20:55 PM
During the Nintendo Direct there was only mention of NES and SNES game for the VC. As we all know, the Wii U can't play Gamecube discs. Do you think Gamecube games will be added to the roster for VC eventually? Or will the only way to play them on Wii U be through the rare HD remake like is happening for Wind Waker?
#2ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 10:22:06 PM
I hope so, but the lack of analog triggers might be problematic for some games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3hellbringherPosted 1/26/2013 10:27:42 PM
Highly doubtful.

They are better off remastering a select few.
#4jjacobsnd5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:29:04 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

Yea my thoughts exactly. The first that pops to my mind is Mario Sunshine. Water spraying depended on how much you held down the shoulder button to determine the strength of the spray...IDK what workaround Nintendo could make for that (or if there even is a workaround).
#5ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 10:29:41 PM
jjacobsnd5 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Yea my thoughts exactly. The first that pops to my mind is Mario Sunshine. Water spraying depended on how much you held down the shoulder button to determine the strength of the spray...IDK what workaround Nintendo could make for that (or if there even is a workaround).

They'd either have to utilize the click-able sticks or force touch/motion controls.
---
#6slugbossPosted 1/26/2013 10:53:59 PM
I expect around the time a new Wii U sku with larger internal hdd and redesigned controller. May not have anything to do with compatibility, just thinking Nintendo would like to release that... Not really sure Gamecube VC will happen, seems about as likely as N64 VC on 3DS atm.
#7RahzarXPosted 1/26/2013 10:56:51 PM
The analog triggers never did anything gameplay wise for sunshine. The spray pressure never needed to be low.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#8jjacobsnd5(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:59:12 PM
RahzarX posted...
The analog triggers never did anything gameplay wise for sunshine. The spray pressure never needed to be low.

Really? I always found it easier to aim the water using water pressure rather than camera movement. I would use the pressure to control aim of up/down component and the camera to control side to side. But maybe that's just me.
#9ElectricFieldPosted 1/26/2013 11:00:46 PM
I do agree that the lack of analog triggers is a problem. However Nintendo could just release another pro controller that has analog triggers.
---
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks will always have a special place in my heart.
I go by the name of Jeffy online.
#10ADHDguitarPosted 1/26/2013 11:01:34 PM
shadowmathfreak posted...
I do agree that the lack of analog triggers is a problem. However Nintendo could just release another pro controller that has analog triggers.

That would cause BAD backlash.
---