Some American Miiiverse users are very racist towards our Japanese brothers.

#31Toadster9001Posted 1/27/2013 11:11:07 AM
EternalWolf posted...
There is a difference between racism and adapting to your environment. If a chinese kid moves to america then the kids here are going to give him s*** to see how he reacts. Some will embrace it, some will cry. However the same american kid that cause him a racial slur loser(or whatever) is likely bullying american kids as well.

Do the parents of the chinese kid really expect the transition for their child to be perfect? Even without any mockery at all it would be hard on the kid. If anything that mockery makes it easier for the kid to get in with new people. Its kind of the same as a parent spoiling their kid versus the parent discipling their kid. Making jokes and having fun with someone is like discipline, a lesson in a way. Then you have the parent who abuses their kid, which would be the comparison to racism.

If a person is going to get effected by something so small such as saying "harro my fren" over the internet, then maybe he shouldnt be posting in an american population?

Ever go to a bar? Ever meet a girls parents and see how they test you out? How do you react when someone talks to you? Do you look at every person as a racist because your Mexican? Oh, sorry, Mexican American. WTF is a Mexican American? A Mexican who was born in America or a child of a Mexican and American? So f***ing politically correct in a world that is anything but.

Do me.
---
Brothers Obscura
#32mjc0961Posted 1/27/2013 11:30:10 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
This stuff angers me so much and it never gets modded.

Try reporting it then. If you don't report it, they can't delete it, and you have no right to complain.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#33t41tGjrPosted 1/27/2013 11:32:04 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Considering that Japan has one of the most racist and sexist cultures there is, my heart doesn't exactly bleed for them.

last time I checked yelling the N word to a black person in Japan like never happens.
yet in the beloved USA land of the free the N word down south is common like saying Hello.

People just randomly yell iti from their pick up trucks at any brown or dark skinned person on the road they pass by...

Sorry but I lived in Japan for 7 years and they are far from "racist" some older people have the idea that foreigners shouldn't marry Japanese people or change Japan but most of the people under 40 are very nice.

The south has changed a bit from 50 years ago buddy. Those people don't come out of their ranch homes very often anymore, but Texas is still a pretty scary place to live (especially Houston).
---
GT: t41tgjr
Owner of an ambassador Zelda Edition 3DS and will not be upgrading. >:(
#34TullyBlanchardPosted 1/27/2013 11:36:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35lgiPosted 1/27/2013 12:20:44 PM
I thought racism only occurred on Xbox Live!
#36CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 12:32:20 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
I have seen many posts where a Japanese person will go on the American Miiverse and post something like "Hello from Japan!"

the comments will have hateful racist stereotypes like "harro my fren" "I wery appy to see you frum Yapan"

This stuff angers me so much and it never gets modded. do people find this racist stuff funny?

That's weird I've never a seen anyone trolling or acting too stupid o. The MiiVerse.
#37Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/27/2013 12:37:02 PM
The south has changed a bit from 50 years ago buddy. Those people don't come out of their ranch homes very often anymore, but Texas is still a pretty scary place to live (especially Houston).

The south has changed, but it is still by far the most racist region of the country.

Anyways racism discussions on gaming sites are pretty useless, along with discussions about homophobia and sexism.

This site, and most gaming sites, are predominantly filled with Caucasian males (inb4 derp u have no proof), so questioning prejeduice tends to result in them complaining about PC or screaming reverse racism.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#38geneticsftwPosted 1/27/2013 12:41:36 PM
Anyone here like taco bell?
---
Sweet
#39Pac12345Posted 1/27/2013 12:53:27 PM
Ah, yes. Because Japan is so mindful about foreigners. No xenophobic people over there. A shining example of tolerance, openess, and multiculturalism: Japan.
#40F31LeopardPosted 1/27/2013 12:54:04 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
Considering that Japan has one of the most racist and sexist cultures there is, my heart doesn't exactly bleed for them.

last time I checked yelling the N word to a black person in Japan like never happens.
yet in the beloved USA land of the free the N word down south is common like saying Hello.

People just randomly yell iti from their pick up trucks at any brown or dark skinned person on the road they pass by...

Sorry but I lived in Japan for 7 years and they are far from "racist" some older people have the idea that foreigners shouldn't marry Japanese people or change Japan but most of the people under 40 are very nice.

lol you sure about that? My friend who is Japanese but he looks filipino visited japan. While at a ramen shop the workers talking sh** about him calling him dirty filipino trash etc. in japanese because they thought he couldn't understand. They were shocked when he bit** at them out in japanese. Seriously i bet you never even been to japan. Also explain why some places no gaijins are allowed.
---
WKC IE: Naomi/LS GR15 Maidens of Death WKC2: Naomi/LS GR30 Gaurdians of Light