Some American Miiiverse users are very racist towards our Japanese brothers.

#41MegagunstarmanPosted 1/27/2013 12:57:30 PM
This board is very gullible.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#42Lord_KagatoPosted 1/27/2013 12:59:06 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
I have seen many posts where a Japanese person will go on the American Miiverse and post something like "Hello from Japan!"

the comments will have hateful racist stereotypes like "harro my fren" "I wery appy to see you frum Yapan"

This stuff angers me so much and it never gets modded. do people find this racist stuff funny?

American teenagers (and some adults) are very immature, racist, rude athiest-extremists (different from being just plain athiest, mind you). Of course they find it funny.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#43Arcadia__personPosted 1/27/2013 1:03:58 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
I have seen many posts where a Japanese person will go on the American Miiverse and post something like "Hello from Japan!"

the comments will have hateful racist stereotypes like "harro my fren" "I wery appy to see you frum Yapan"

This stuff angers me so much and it never gets modded. do people find this racist stuff funny?

American teenagers (and some adults) are very immature, racist, rude athiest-extremists (different from being just plain athiest, mind you). Of course they find it funny.

How the hell did you go from "harro my fren" to "atheist-extremists?" Only atheists say racist things?
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#44Arcadia__personPosted 1/27/2013 1:07:01 PM
Toadster9001 posted...
EternalWolf posted...
There is a difference between racism and adapting to your environment. If a chinese kid moves to america then the kids here are going to give him s*** to see how he reacts. Some will embrace it, some will cry. However the same american kid that cause him a racial slur loser(or whatever) is likely bullying american kids as well.

Do the parents of the chinese kid really expect the transition for their child to be perfect? Even without any mockery at all it would be hard on the kid. If anything that mockery makes it easier for the kid to get in with new people. Its kind of the same as a parent spoiling their kid versus the parent discipling their kid. Making jokes and having fun with someone is like discipline, a lesson in a way. Then you have the parent who abuses their kid, which would be the comparison to racism.

If a person is going to get effected by something so small such as saying "harro my fren" over the internet, then maybe he shouldnt be posting in an american population?

Ever go to a bar? Ever meet a girls parents and see how they test you out? How do you react when someone talks to you? Do you look at every person as a racist because your Mexican? Oh, sorry, Mexican American. WTF is a Mexican American? A Mexican who was born in America or a child of a Mexican and American? So f***ing politically correct in a world that is anything but.

Do me.

What a stupid post. "People are mean, deal with it." You are seriously channeling Michele Bachmann on bullying right now, and really, knowing that Bachmann holds a particular viewpoint is all you should need to know to realize it's idiotic.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#45DifferentialEquationPosted 1/27/2013 1:12:17 PM
F31Leopard posted...

lol you sure about that? My friend who is Japanese but he looks filipino visited japan. While at a ramen shop the workers talking sh** about him calling him dirty filipino trash etc. in japanese because they thought he couldn't understand. They were shocked when he bit** at them out in japanese. Seriously i bet you never even been to japan. Also explain why some places no gaijins are allowed.

Uh oh. You're going to crush the creams of the weaboos on this board who think that all they do in Japan is watch anime and that when they move there someday they'll be instantly loved by everyone for their knowledge of crappy jrpgs and their collection of limited edition gundam action figures.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#46Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 1/27/2013 1:13:36 PM
immature, racist, rude athiest-extremists

One of these things is not like the other.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#47ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 1:16:45 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
immature, racist, rude athiest-extremists

One of these things is not like the other.

Yeah, racists aren't always immature!

I KEED. I KEED. But yeah, dragging one's theological beliefs (or in this case lack thereof) into this is NOT A GOOD IDEA.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#48NarutoPosted 1/27/2013 1:17:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49gamebuyer22Posted 1/27/2013 1:29:58 PM
niels200683 posted...
It's funny how caucasian people are more sensitive to racism to others than the ones supposedly insulted.

People from many cultures are able to take a joke, you know.

Get it right!!! Its Liberal white people that get offended haha. Im an american of italian descent and every single italian in every form of media is a stereotype. Do i care?? Hell no. Nintendo made an italian stereotype their most famous character. Everyone can cry me a river over stereotypes. While i agree if someone from Japan says hi you shouldn't respond with something stupid when you don't know the person. Though i think they were just being funny. Stereotyping does not mean you are racist. Plus some truth in sterotyping.
#50GLDanzegoPosted 1/27/2013 1:36:05 PM
EternalWolf posted...

There is a difference between racism and adapting to your environment. If a chinese kid moves to america then the kids here are going to give him s*** to see how he reacts. Some will embrace it, some will cry. However the same american kid that cause him a racial slur loser(or whatever) is likely bullying american kids as well.

Do the parents of the chinese kid really expect the transition for their child to be perfect? Even without any mockery at all it would be hard on the kid. If anything that mockery makes it easier for the kid to get in with new people. Its kind of the same as a parent spoiling their kid versus the parent discipling their kid. Making jokes and having fun with someone is like discipline, a lesson in a way. Then you have the parent who abuses their kid, which would be the comparison to racism.

If a person is going to get effected by something so small such as saying "harro my fren" over the internet, then maybe he shouldnt be posting in an american population?

Wow....just wow. This post has to be one of the most idiotic, half baked things I've ever seen posted on Gamefaqs. So when someone bullies a person of another ethnicity and/or country, it's just a form of discipline and good old fashioned kidding around? Furthermore, if they're bothered by that, it's their own fault and they should be the ones changing their behaviors or posting habits?

You're completely clueless, man. COMPLETELY. Wow. *shakes head* The scary part is that there are more people in this world who feel the same way as you.