If Zelda Wind Waker HD's maximum resolution is only 720p, would you still buy it

#21GamespohtPosted 1/27/2013 3:29:14 PM
I would, but the trolls would still complain about nothing on Wii U surpassing anything on the PS3/360
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
#22MelbrankoPosted 1/27/2013 3:31:59 PM
Gamespoht posted...
I would, but the trolls would still complain about nothing on Wii U surpassing anything on the PS3/360

To be fair, very few games are taking advantage of the Wii U's GPU so far.
All-Stars Racing Transformed is sub-720p on Wii U, while the PS3 version runs at a native 720.
The fact that NSMBU is locked to 720p doesn't inspire much confidence in the system either.
#23Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/27/2013 3:34:02 PM
The real question is if you want to go Triforce hunting again. If you said yes, something like resolution probably doesn' t matter.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#24Jak13Posted 1/27/2013 4:46:44 PM
Uncharted is the most graphically beautiful game series I've ever played and it only runs in 720p. Of course I'd buy WW.
---
"Ganondorf needs to forget everything he's ever learned about tennis and train to become a competent sword fighter." - RATTfink138
#25EternalWolfPosted 1/27/2013 4:59:34 PM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Melbranko posted...
No, if Nintendo refuse to use a modern resolution, I would rather play it on Dolphin in 1080p.

LOL!!!!!!!!

You would rather just up the resolution than get a full on graphical upgrade? You are messed up.

Dolphin does far more than just provide higher resolutions. In the case of Wind Waker, I highly doubt the Wii-U version will come close to the Dolphin version maxed out. Wind Waker was a technical marvel and contained an art style that provides better visuals than most games made, ever. With everything maxed out in Dolphin there are no graphical flaws in Wind Waker. The textures look perfect, there are no jaggies, there is not a single bad thing you can say about the graphics unless you dont like the art syle.

The Wind Waker remake will not be able to achieve that level of graphic fidelity. It's running on a completely different engine and while it uses the same art style, environments etc... it's going to look like a different game. Its not going to look like an HD version of the GameCube game. What engine you prefer will not decide the level of graphical fidelity in the case of Wind Waker. It was just to damn good when it was released and it was something that really shouldn't have been possible.

The Dolphin version will NEVER look outdated, it looks perfect. If the Wii-U version has the slightest hint of jaggies or pixelated textures it will be inferior to the Dolphin version, even if you prefer the style of the new engine over the original because that would be opinion based.
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#26darkjedilinkPosted 1/27/2013 4:59:56 PM
If they made enough radical changes to the crap that was WindWaker to convince me to buy it's HD Remake on Wii U, the resolution wouldn't change my mind.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#27darkjedilinkPosted 1/27/2013 5:03:04 PM
EternalWolf posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Melbranko posted...
No, if Nintendo refuse to use a modern resolution, I would rather play it on Dolphin in 1080p.

LOL!!!!!!!!

You would rather just up the resolution than get a full on graphical upgrade? You are messed up.

Dolphin does far more than just provide higher resolutions. In the case of Wind Waker, I highly doubt the Wii-U version will come close to the Dolphin version maxed out. Wind Waker was a technical marvel and contained an art style that provides better visuals than most games made, ever. With everything maxed out in Dolphin there are no graphical flaws in Wind Waker. The textures look perfect, there are no jaggies, there is not a single bad thing you can say about the graphics unless you dont like the art syle.

The Wind Waker remake will not be able to achieve that level of graphic fidelity. It's running on a completely different engine and while it uses the same art style, environments etc... it's going to look like a different game. Its not going to look like an HD version of the GameCube game. What engine you prefer will not decide the level of graphical fidelity in the case of Wind Waker. It was just to damn good when it was released and it was something that really shouldn't have been possible.

The Dolphin version will NEVER look outdated, it looks perfect. If the Wii-U version has the slightest hint of jaggies or pixelated textures it will be inferior to the Dolphin version, even if you prefer the style of the new engine over the original because that would be opinion based.

That is not true at all. Polygon counts are abysmal by today's standards, even on Dolphin. The increased polygons on the Wii U version ALONE is a major graphical improvement, even on a maxed-out Dolphin rendering.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#28Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/27/2013 5:04:00 PM
EternalWolf posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Melbranko posted...

LOL!!!!!!!!

Do you like your blurry pixelated HUD and menus too with your perfect Dolphin version?
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#29MelbrankoPosted 1/27/2013 5:09:34 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
EternalWolf posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Melbranko posted...

LOL!!!!!!!!

Do you like your blurry pixelated HUD and menus too with your perfect Dolphin version?

Dolphin has a custom texture option, I have created my own high res HUD for most games I play.
I'm currently working on some stage textures for Sonic Colors even.
Original: http://i.minus.com/ibgJfxN9fQJFUk.png
WIP: http://i.minus.com/ivX3qqvjKwfWB.png
#30NejiHyuga900Posted 1/27/2013 6:25:21 PM
I'd be a little disappointed, but of course I'd still buy it.

---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900