If Zelda Wind Waker HD's maximum resolution is only 720p, would you still buy it

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Zelda Wind Waker HD's maximum resolution is only 720p, would you still buy it
2 years ago#31
I didn't think anyone was expecting WW HD to be 1080p.. Considering NSMBU was 720 and it's a 2D game that's hardly demanding.
2 years ago#32
If Wind Waker Reborn is in 720p then I'll buy FIVE copies and break four over my forehead. That'll show Nintendo that I mean business
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
2 years ago#33
Why does the difference between 720p and 1080p matter so much?

Resolution doesn't matter if the anti-aliasing is ****.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
2 years ago#34
Yep. Hell, I'd buy a 480p version with updated visuals for godsake, so 720p will be just fine.
2 years ago#35
no because I dont plan on dropping $60 on a remake anyway
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
2 years ago#36
It would be pretty cheap and lazy of Nintendo to max it out at 720P.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
2 years ago#37
Xcalibur02 posted...
Why does the difference between 720p and 1080p matter so much?

Resolution doesn't matter if the anti-aliasing is ****.

If you push the resolution high enough, you will get rid of all perceptible jaggies. An 8k image with no AA will look flawless, a 240p image with 600xAA will look like crap.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
2 years ago#38
considering that the WiiU has about the same power as a PS3/X360, an considering that those 2 consoles cant handle 1080 very well (only a few downloadable titles run at that resolution), no one can expect a normal game to run more than 720p on the WiiU (maybe the more simpler games can, but a normal one will never run at more than 720p on this machine. Fact)

That said, i prefer a game runn9ng at 720p/60fps, than a game running at 1080/30fps. The majority of people dont even have 1080 HDTV's, yet for some strange reason they want a 1080 signal... and in the case that they do have a HDTV that has that kind of resolution, they sit so far away from their set,that the increased resolution is lost on their eyes

see this image:
http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/images/image-up/Graph_recul%281%29.jpg
2 years ago#39
regarding my post above, here i found a image that better explains the relationship between distance and screen resolution (this time in english):

http://www.clamcamvideo.com/Other/View_chart.png
2 years ago#40
Sure. If those screenshots are anything to go by, the game still looks gorgeous.

Resolution is honestly the least important visual aspect of a game to me. I'm more interested in things like framerate, lighting effects, textures, etc. As long as a game is, at minimum, in 720p, I don't really have a problem with it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Zelda Wind Waker HD's maximum resolution is only 720p, would you still buy it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived