What is the technical definition of shovelware?

#11teh1337gosuPosted 1/27/2013 10:36:59 AM
hellbringher posted...
Shovelware ~ when a shovel is used routinely and starts to show signs of use.

Lol,

Bargain Bin - a discounted bin.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#12anon_firePosted 1/27/2013 11:03:32 AM
Hungtotheover posted...
Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. - Wikipedia

This is the definition you're looking for.
#13Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 11:05:38 AM
I want to say basic shovelware games are th kind of games that not only have minimum thought out into them but also tend to be the kind that get rehashed far more often then the games we already have rehased.

They would also fit into those games made for little girls too.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#14hellbringherPosted 1/27/2013 11:22:56 AM
Baha05 posted...
I want to say basic shovelware games are th kind of games that not only have minimum thought out into them but also tend to be the kind that get rehashed far more often then the games we already have rehased.

They would also fit into those games made for little girls too.

We already have the answer. Pay attention much
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/27/2013 1:48:50 PM
Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness. The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality.

The metaphor implies that the creators showed little care for the original software, as if the new compilation or version had been indiscriminately created/ported with a shovel, without any care shown for the condition of the software on the newly created product. The term "shovelware" is coined with semantic analogy to phrases like shareware and freeware, which describe methods of software distribution. Crapplet is a similar term.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#16leeko_linkPosted 1/28/2013 12:25:16 AM
Shovelware are games, software, or apps that were released to market or advertise a certain product unrelated to gaming whether for some quick cash or just for popularity in the media. It could also be the continuation of milking a yearly franchise IP that is no different from the one already released last year or last.

For example games like Avatar, Iron Man II, Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, MJ's The Experience, High School Musical, every yearly WWE, Madden, and FIFA games.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 1/28/2013 5:12:37 AM
Pretty much stuff that is created with minimum effort for maximum profit.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.