Wii U news. DQX further proves MMORPGs = ultimate gaming genre.

#1xenosaga123Posted 1/27/2013 11:33:06 AM
Yea in my opinion they do hold the most replay value and money's worth and potential for quality expansion, as well as meaningful adventures that are more rewarding and acknowledged by other players and overall community. :)

http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/09_qt_l.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSESb5DTno

Instead of your usual soap box in a cart, MMORPGs are a more entertaining and open way of life.

Nintendo of America really should help localize DQX, it would help Wii U become a major system seller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJgIQkWFIE
#2mjc0961Posted 1/27/2013 11:34:21 AM
If by ultimate you mean least interesting, then sure.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 1/27/2013 11:38:42 AM
MMOs is the only genre that I have zero interest in.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#4OzzieArcanePosted 1/27/2013 11:39:38 AM
And yet a lot of them that aren't WoW don't do very good. I'm not saying they need WoW numbers to do good but even ignoring that they don't do too good. Old Republic still hasn't made back it's initial investment costs.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#5STE573Posted 1/27/2013 11:40:33 AM
Indon't really do MMOs now but this game is the only game I'd ever likely try it out again for. Well this or FFXIV.

Last MMO I played seriously was FFXI like a decade ago. I did try out DCUO but my PS3 backlog was too big at the time for me to put any time into it.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#6niels200683Posted 1/27/2013 11:45:08 AM
Elder scrolls online,
Dragon quest X

I want to play both, but I refuse to pay a monthly fee for any game... it would result in me to start trying to get 'my moneys worth' and end up in compulsive behaviour regarding playing the darn game...

Stupid, I know - but since I know I have this personality trait I'm smart enough to avoid these games.
---
I'm famous on Miiverse, you know.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#7Arcadia__personPosted 1/27/2013 11:49:50 AM
niels200683 posted...
Elder scrolls online,
Dragon quest X

I want to play both, but I refuse to pay a monthly fee for any game... it would result in me to start trying to get 'my moneys worth' and end up in compulsive behaviour regarding playing the darn game...

Stupid, I know - but since I know I have this personality trait I'm smart enough to avoid these games.

I don't really think it's stupid. I don't like monthly fees either-- paying for the service means I either have to play that game with most of my free time or I'm wasting money. Which, of course, is sort of the idea.

Fortunately, I've found that I don't really enjoy MMO's anyway. I'll play one for a few weeks and then just get tired of it. I played WoW for probably one month before I just got bored with it and quit.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#8TrueBlue91Posted 1/27/2013 11:49:51 AM
MMORPGs suck.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9darkjedilinkPosted 1/27/2013 11:52:19 AM
If the game requires a monthly fee to play in the US, it won't sell.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#10xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:09:09 AM
mjc0961 posted...
If by ultimate you mean least interesting, then sure.

Aaaaah that is just your opinion.

MMORPGs are among the most played genres in the world.

And creators of Dragon Quest X are brilliant to develop it as an MMORPG.

It would also add more diversity among the genres on Wii U and strengthen it's mmorpg fan audience.

No dought Dragon Quest X in america would be a significant system seller for Wii U than any 1st party Nintendo franchise.

including mmorpg fans that haven't been interested in DQ rpgs particularly, but would definitely play a DQ mmorpg with its more open gaming experience, great character creation, and more freedom. :)