If most of you own a PS3/360 already

#21lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:56:50 AM
knightimex posted...
lgi posted...
Wouldn't you want to see Nintendo go the third party route? Nintendo is very good at utilizing unique hardware with their games. I would like to see what they can do with the Kinect and all the control inputs of the Vita.

No, just no.

Buy a console or just stay mad they have a game you don't have.
Why not make sony or MS go 3rd party instead?

Yeah, I know you who you are by now knightmex. I bet you took great offense to this thread. After the Wii, I'm not purchasing a brand new console to just play a handful of titles. How many great games you would say the Wii U will have, like five? Not enough to justify a console purchase in my opinion (have to bold that part). But I tell you, if they EVER decided to release their titles on other consoles, then they'll have my money right away. I'm SURE a lot of other fans will feel the same way.
#22lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:58:21 AM
Poopcorn13 posted...
Why Nintendo, exclusively? Why not Sony or Microsoft go third-party with their games, if your asking that question?

Why is it so hard to realize that the reason I have a Nintendo console is because some games interests me but not everything a 360/PS3 gets interests me as well?

Why Nintendo? Because Sony and MS have better hardware in my opinion. For MS or Sony to release titles on the Wii U would be downgrading in my opinion.
#23ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 10:58:23 AM
Woah, woah, woah, while I don't want Ninty to go 3rd party, it would make exponentially more sense for them to do it than M$ or Sony.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#24lgi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:59:47 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Woah, woah, woah, while I don't want Ninty to go 3rd party, it would make exponentially more sense for them to do it than M$ or Sony.

I will support them 100% all the way if they ever did.
#25CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 10:59:54 AM
Lol @ anyone who thinks Ninty will end up being a third party company.
Jeez.
#26quickposterPosted 1/27/2013 11:02:38 AM
lgi posted...
Why would their software quality plummet? I thought the hardware and software were two different divisions? NSMBU looks about the same on the DS, Wii, and Wii U. I doubt the quality of the titles will diminished just because it's released on a Sony console. What happened with Atari and Sega was different things.

It isn't really different because their software quality plummeted. Its the same thing with Rare. Once developers leave hardware they are more better suited to serve the quality of the games plummets. Or do you think Naughty Dog would make games as good on 360 and Wii U as they do on PS3?

It would be like Halo. I think manufacturers lose the passion they had to put out quality games when they leave the hardware business.

If it happened to Atari and Sega it would definitely happen to these three.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#27jackorhoadsPosted 1/27/2013 11:12:49 AM
lgi posted...
Wouldn't you want to see Nintendo go the third party route? Nintendo is very good at utilizing unique hardware with their games. I would like to see what they can do with the Kinect and all the control inputs of the Vita.

No...just no. Microsoft don't even know what they're doing with the kinect/eyetoy 2.0.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#28Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 11:13:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29Prince ShondronaiPosted 1/27/2013 11:19:36 AM
I may own a 360 and PS3, but Nintendo's my favorite game developer. I want them to stick with whatever strategy makes them the most money, so that they can keep making the games I love indefinitely.

They may not take the same risks with hardware power that Sony and Microsoft do anymore, but their progress seems like it will be steady and stable. We could get another Nintendo console in 5 years, whereas Sony and Microsoft might be stuck with whatever they next come out with for a much longer period of time.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#30CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 11:21:06 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...
I may own a 360 and PS3, but Nintendo's my favorite game developer. I want them to stick with whatever strategy makes them the most money, so that they can keep making the games I love indefinitely.

They may not take the same risks with hardware power that Sony and Microsoft do anymore, but their progress seems like it will be steady and stable. We could get another Nintendo console in 5 years, whereas Sony and Microsoft might be stuck with whatever they next come out with for a much longer period of time.

Yu hit the nail on the head bro. This is one of the most intelligent responses I've seen on gfaqs in all the years I've been using it.