If most of you own a PS3/360 already

#41DifferentialEquationPosted 1/27/2013 12:47:25 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
DifferentialEquation posted...
Enigma149 posted...

-Because people don't want to see them end up like SEGA (let's face it - ever since going 3rd-party, SEGA has...sucked...).

Sega sucked before going third party, though. In fact, they were pretty much crap after the Genesis.

There seems to be some sort of pattern with the Saturn and Dreamcast. Sega makes a console with few good fighters and some mild entertaining arcade style games, the console suffers financially and can't compete with its competitors, people then go ape**** and praise it like it was the best console ever.

Youre probably too young to remember the DC if you thought it was "pretty much crap."
It had some of the best games of its generation.

I actually got a DC around launch. I had some fun with it, but it was nowhere near as good as the PS2, GCN or Xbox.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#42CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 12:48:48 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
Enigma149 posted...

-Because people don't want to see them end up like SEGA (let's face it - ever since going 3rd-party, SEGA has...sucked...).

Sega sucked before going third party, though. In fact, they were pretty much crap after the Genesis.

There seems to be some sort of pattern with the Saturn and Dreamcast. Sega makes a console with few good fighters and some mild entertaining arcade style games, the console suffers financially and can't compete with its competitors, people then go ape**** and praise it like it was the best console ever.

Youre probably too young to remember the DC if you thought it was "pretty much crap."

I actually got a DC around launch. I had some fun with it, but it was nowhere near as good as the PS2, GCN or Xbox.

Sure ya did bud, sure ya did.
Sorry if I have a tendency to not believe trolls.
#43DifferentialEquationPosted 1/27/2013 12:53:27 PM
CaptainMoose posted...
CaptainMoose posted...
Enigma149 posted...

Sure ya did bud, sure ya did.
Sorry if I have a tendency to not believe trolls.

Yep, someone who believes that Sega is crap must be lying. That's only explanation. I mean, Sega clearly isn't, they enjoyed the same level of success as their competitors to prove it. Oh, wait....
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#44knightimexPosted 1/27/2013 1:49:28 PM
lgi posted...
Yeah, I know you who you are by now knightmex. I bet you took great offense to this thread. After the Wii, I'm not purchasing a brand new console to just play a handful of titles. How many great games you would say the Wii U will have, like five? Not enough to justify a console purchase in my opinion (have to bold that part). But I tell you, if they EVER decided to release their titles on other consoles, then they'll have my money right away. I'm SURE a lot of other fans will feel the same way.

Then why not just wait and buy it at a later time?
How hard is that?

How many games does a console need for you to buy it 12+?
---
Old School Games FTW!
#45RyanSBHFPosted 1/27/2013 2:10:17 PM
The more choices consumers have, the better. I would hate to see any of the three leave the hardware business.
#46mjc0961Posted 1/27/2013 2:24:46 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytbDZrw1jc

This.

Especially for implying using all of the Vita's inputs. The rear touch panel should never be used, it's one of the worst things Sony has ever done to gaming.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#47bigjclassicPosted 1/27/2013 2:37:46 PM
as an old gamer and someone who grew up playing NES and Sega Master System, the only answer is MS needs to drop out.

Sony and Nintendo are corner stones of the industry. MS for the most part have been disruptive in a bad way..

Halo and Gears can go 3rd party
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#48Afrotastic_JPosted 1/27/2013 2:43:27 PM
I know that this may not have been TC's intention, but this thread still makes me feel sick.
---
"I... am... KROGAN!" -- Urdnot Grunt
#49mashuPosted 1/27/2013 2:47:51 PM
quickposter posted...
No. Less competition is a bad thing.
#50IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/27/2013 2:50:05 PM
Third party for console but stay first party for handhelds

That'd be fine, and honestly with how bad the Wii U is selling I don't see this as impossible.