If most of you own a PS3/360 already

#61ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 4:33:07 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
EvilSock1990 posted...
time and time again nintendo has said that they would rather die than go third party.

Except they were all too happy to whore the Zelda franchise out to the cd-i (3 games to be exact). They'll do it again when they get desperate enough.

They had control over the cdi, it was a deal.

Not the same thing as publishing to a different console.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#62james_hellerPosted 1/27/2013 4:36:34 PM
Because that worked well with Sega, right?

Oh wait.... it didn't.

TBH, I don't want any of the big 3 to drop out. Not Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo. They all offer unique experiences. Whether for beautiful looking games, great online, or cool immersive controller use, they all have something worth owning one of their products for. Fact of the matter is, with these three, the gamers have won. One of them going away is a LOSS for gamers, unless you're some kind of petty fanboy.
#63star_guy_100Posted 1/27/2013 5:24:38 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
time and time again nintendo has said that they would rather die than go third party.

i dont know how anyone believes this. anyone who does is pretty naive. of course they are going to say this, what would people expect them to say? "if people dont buy our consoles, and we stop making hardware, dont worry because we will make 3rd party games for other consoles. so no pressure on buying our consoles"

no company would be stupid enough to actually say that. they are a business and say what is best for business. they need to make people think once they stop making hardware they are taking their ball and going home, goodbye forever.

zelda, mario, ssb, mario kart, pokemon, the list goes on and on. how much money does that make nintendo? hundreds of millions? does anyone think that given the choice between hundreds of millions of dollars and zero dollars, nintendo would chose zero as a point of pride. everyone talks about how smart the people at nintendo are. if people actually believe that, they would not believe nintendo would do as they said
#64LordcrabfoodPosted 1/27/2013 5:41:55 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...

Do you honestly think that if for what ever reason, nintendo no longer makes consoles and there is money to me made, nintendo would not pimp out their franchises? Of course they would. It is very easy to make statements until situations change.
#65anon_firePosted 1/27/2013 5:47:17 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
EvilSock1990 posted...

Do you honestly think that if for what ever reason, nintendo no longer makes consoles and there is money to me made, nintendo would not pimp out their franchises? Of course they would. It is very easy to make statements until situations change.

Do you have any idea how weird it would be like playing a Nintendo game on other consoles? Let alone a different control scheme?
#66Beatperson14Posted 1/27/2013 6:02:24 PM
boysrus72 posted...
Third party for console but stay first party for handhelds

I wouldnt mind this. Even though I prefer stronger stuff I like how durable they make their handhelds.
#67leopoldsharkPosted 1/27/2013 6:14:56 PM
If Nintendo isn't in the console market anymore then who will Sony steal their ideas from?
#68AmyUnleashedPosted 1/27/2013 6:16:03 PM
No i would much rather see Micro$oft go under and go 3rd party.

That would leave Sony & Nintendo both each with a handheld & home console, Nintendo would be the more casual friendly/budget console, and sony as the more hard core/deluxe console.

Besides Nintendo have so many great exclusives, and the Sony/Nintendo option for customers would be the best choice, we only need them two anyway.

Besides if Nintendo went 3rd Party, the Vita will be unstopable then with Pokemon Exclusivity (not that i would complain lol)
#69P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/27/2013 6:17:25 PM
If Nintendo's consoles are no longer a worthwhile venture, it would make sense that the company would be reformed into something else, just like they've done countless times already.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#70LordcrabfoodPosted 1/27/2013 7:10:33 PM
anon_fire posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
EvilSock1990 posted...

Do you have any idea how weird it would be like playing a Nintendo game on other consoles? Let alone a different control scheme?

If there is money to be made, it will happen, don't be so naive. Nintendo is no different from any other company, principles will be forgotten if circumstances change. They are not some moral based company, the wii u systems were put together by kids in China, they are NO DIFFERENT.