If X turns out to be Xeno-something...

#1STE573Posted 1/27/2013 11:16:57 AM
... Can we admit it is essentially part of the whole Xeno mythos and not in fact new IP? Like Tales games for example?

I ask this because of the amount of hate anyone who suggests Xenoblade is not new IP gets on this board.

I'm not trolling at all when I ask this, I'm genuinely curious because the "X" in the trailer looks a lot like the X on the box art for Xenogears, which has been stated multiple times is part of the Xeno series in essence but can't be officially stated due to relations with Squaresoft.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#2CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 11:18:09 AM
It'll def. be Xeno game. It's made by monolith soft so they know everyone would assume it was a Xeno game cuz of the X, and I don't think they'd hype us up like that just to tear us down.
#3quickposterPosted 1/27/2013 11:20:27 AM
The question is does it really matter if it is a new IP?

Nintendo have a lot of genres covered with all types of games. I would love to see a new Starfox, Xeno, Wave Race, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero or Earthbound more then I want to see new IPs.

Sequels to long forgotten franchises which barely get any love are just as good as new IPs IMO. And Xeno doesn't happen enough for me to care about it being "milked".
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#4CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 11:22:28 AM
Yeah I agree. They can make new IPs but I'd prefer them putting most of their time into their established classics like Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Mother etc. they have such a wonderful back catalog.
#5ADHDguitarPosted 1/27/2013 11:22:35 AM
Being in a different universe doesn't even mean it's a new IP.

Final Fantasy comes to mind.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6STE573(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:23:12 AM
Yeah, simply put, any link to Xenoblade that can be established should IMO, it'll sell more copies if anything. Is it new IP then?

My answer. No it is not. It could be, don't get me wrong, but similarities in art assets and the name are a dead give away. I hold the same opinion on Xenoblade. Which I still to this day have no idea why people are so passionate about it being new IP.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#7sentoworfPosted 1/27/2013 11:24:41 AM
quickposter posted...
The question is does it really matter if it is a new IP?

Nintendo have a lot of genres covered with all types of games. I would love to see a new Starfox, Xeno, Wave Race, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero or Earthbound more then I want to see new IPs.

Sequels to long forgotten franchises which barely get any love are just as good as new IPs IMO. And Xeno doesn't happen enough for me to care about it being "milked".

I really want to see those games you mentioned.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#8Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/27/2013 11:25:20 AM
Yeah, when I saw that, I considered the possibility that the story that started in Xenoblade may be a sort of prequel to the overall story that encompass Xenogears and Xeno Saga. Maybe the Eldridge launched from the world in Xenoblade.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#9CrmsnFatalis96Posted 1/27/2013 11:25:33 AM
The thing with Xenoblade is that it wasn't originally a Xeno game. I believe the original title was "Monado: Beginning of the World" or something like that. They changed the name to Xenoblade most likely to attract fans of the older Xeno games (the game was made by the same person who made the other Xeno games).
#10NarutoPosted 1/27/2013 11:26:38 AM
Soma Bringer X.