5 Reasons Wii U's Virtual Console is Totally Fair

#71Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:12:21 PM
diggyfresh posted...
Except you can do this on the Wii U. It's called Wii mode, and it's 100% free.

Every company is going to impose restrictions and charges to manage your digital licenses. At least Nintendo is being up front about it.

And what happens when other companies have their digital content better situated then Nintendo and give them updated options for free?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#72diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 9:14:35 PM
Baha05 posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Except you can do this on the Wii U. It's called Wii mode, and it's 100% free.

Every company is going to impose restrictions and charges to manage your digital licenses. At least Nintendo is being up front about it.

And what happens when other companies have their digital content better situated then Nintendo and give them updated options for free?

I don't know? What will happen?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#73Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:17:24 PM
diggyfresh posted...

It would make Nintendo look really backwards is one of the things.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#74diggyfreshPosted 1/27/2013 9:20:57 PM
Baha05 posted...
diggyfresh posted...

It would make Nintendo look really backwards is one of the things.

Oh no.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#75Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:36:54 PM(edited)
Casual gamers dictate the market, not a much of nerds on Gamefaqs. Nintendo doesn't care that you're too cheap or obstinate to pay the extra dollar. Millions of casual gamers will pay that $1 or $1.50.
#76Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:37:32 PM
diggyfresh posted...
Oh no.

It is when considering Nintendo is trying to catch up.
---
#77ZetamancerPosted 1/27/2013 9:38:07 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Nope

We're sorry that you are poor and cannot understand your own sense of entitlement.

For those of us living in the adult world, $1-$1.50 per game is not expensive. We understand we are entitled to transferring previous purchases to our new Wii U console, but we also understand that we are NOT ENTITLED to additional features or functionality for those previous purchases that Nintendo had to pay to develop unless we are willing to pay a little bit for it ourselves.

I live in the adult world too. Which means that I make my own decisions, such as what I spend my money on. So when I pay for something, I pay for it once, and only once.

"But waaaaaah, you are not paying the rebuy the game!"

Yes, yes you are.

You are paying to regain access to your old games on an interface that should've been supported in the first place. They learned from the 3DS alright. They learned that they had millions of fanboys who they could pick up by their ankles and shake loonies out of.

Well, looks like your defending them paid off. Congrats.

Oh, and by the way. Once you get to the "adult world" you'll realize that it's the exact same world children live in. GG.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359
#78Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:40:37 PM
Zetamancer posted...
Sharky8 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Nope

We're sorry that you are poor and cannot understand your own sense of entitlement.

For those of us living in the adult world, $1-$1.50 per game is not expensive. We understand we are entitled to transferring previous purchases to our new Wii U console, but we also understand that we are NOT ENTITLED to additional features or functionality for those previous purchases that Nintendo had to pay to develop unless we are willing to pay a little bit for it ourselves.

I live in the adult world too. Which means that I make my own decisions, such as what I spend my money on. So when I pay for something, I pay for it once, and only once.

"But waaaaaah, you are not paying the rebuy the game!"

Yes, yes you are.

You are paying to regain access to your old games on an interface that should've been supported in the first place. They learned from the 3DS alright. They learned that they had millions of fanboys who they could pick up by their ankles and shake loonies out of.

Well, looks like your defending them paid off. Congrats.

Oh, and by the way. Once you get to the "adult world" you'll realize that it's the exact same world children live in. GG.

Well, clearly you are Canadian. So go back to being second best and accepting whatever the American market gives you.
#79Baha05Posted 1/27/2013 9:41:25 PM
Sharky8 posted...
Well, clearly you are Canadian. So go back to being second best and accepting whatever the American market gives you.

And with that you lost any credible argument.
---
#80metroid00700Posted 1/27/2013 9:42:41 PM
darkjedilink posted...
metroid00700 posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Going to bed is leaving, now? I know robot bears don't worry about it, but us mere humans need to sleep every once in a while.

Also, by what morals is a company supposed to give you something you didn't buy?

Saying you completely owned me (paraphrased) in that thread when, if you read down the line, isn't true at all (and if anything, is the inverse). You can, you know, read threads in your post history. No need to reply or anything if you have nothing to say (and you don't, considering you dodged many things multiple times), but saying the thread ended when YOU stopped reading is laughable. As for the latter, they should be like any other game company, the common standard. Going against that and charging money for what I can safely say isn't a superior product is flat out not right.

I never said the thread ended when I stopped posting. I said that, when I woke up this morning, it wasn't on my front page.

Thank you for letting me win again. You lost last night because you said I posted things I never posted. Just like now.

Again, there IS no industry standard outside of 'you play it on what we say you play it on.' They have no obligation AT ALL to ANYONE outside of providing what those people pay for. Buying Wii VC IN NO WAY bought you Wii U VC. No argument you can make changes that fact.

You are still being as ignorant as ever. Myself and others made valid points in that thread last night, and you're refusing to refute anything we've stated because you know you're wrong. How about you read the thread (and unblock that one guy) before posting again?
You consider my misinterpretation of that terrible Counterstrike example a victory? Congrats, you "won" that won. Your logic in it was flat out wrong, and my version actually made you look BETTER, but hey, you did win that one. Fair is fair, even if you were wrong on every other account, failing to back up anything you say, and overall acting immature about the situation.
How about you back up the **** you keep saying in these threads? I have yet to see you post any links, other than a bsnes link that flat out blew up in your face. Oh right, you blocked the guy that dissected it because you lack the simple skill of debating. Your post here is a great example.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99