How do I figure out if a Girl I like on Miiverse isn't actually a guy?

#171HellsingOrgPosted 1/28/2013 1:36:59 PM
Terotrous posted...
trenken posted...
Lol no. I cant really deal with an ugly girl that plays games. Ill play games with her, but I'll just keep it at that. Being pretty and sexy is kind of important to me. If you like the boring looking girls, good for you, theres a ton of them out there.

Eh, I'm guessing you don't have a lot of actual experience. Attractiveness is very subjective and is highly based on familiarity and presentation. When you get to know someone, you'll find that almost anyone can be attractive if they wish to be (and on the flip side, someone who seems attractive may not look nearly as good when they get out of bed in the morning).

Ultimately, being in a relationship means you get to see your partner both at their best and at their worst. If you're only interested in the part where they're at their best, it's not going to last. Friendship and an emotional connection are what makes for stable, lasting relationships.

I would take a 6-7/10 that like gaming and the same stuff I do over a 9/10 that is hot but we don't share any interests.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#172TerotrousPosted 1/28/2013 2:02:02 PM
HellsingOrg posted...
I would take a 6-7/10 that like gaming and the same stuff I do over a 9/10 that is hot but we don't share any interests.

Right, and the "trick" is that the hotness scale is like the game reviewing scale - like 90% of women are at least a 6 if they make some effort to look nice, and many can be 7 or 8. That's why attraction isn't something that's really worth worrying over too much.

Now, I wouldn't say the same thing about affection, mind you, which some people may be conflating with attraction. I do find that being affectionate is very important and it's definitely not something everyone possesses. I don't really care how into games someone is, if they don't like to cuddle and have a healthy sexual appetite I'm not really interested.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#173SimmerE15Posted 1/28/2013 3:14:27 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...

She is from Alaska

likes anime

she jokes that she wants to "...find hot guys like 17-18 years old on Miiverse"

Thoughts on this girl?

lol

I mean I'm not saying this all can't be real, it's very possible....I just find it funny.

Is it because of that certain guy who frequents this board ;) lol
The person did say they live n Alaska; me and that person did have an entire conversation on anime on the 3DS board

But did that guy ever get that WiiU from his friend?
#174PedroMontanaPosted 1/28/2013 4:01:17 PM
Terotrous posted...
Attractiveness is way overrated. A smart but physically plain girl who plays games is way more valuable than a hot girl who is not interesting to talk to or be with.

I see Gnik gives us that typical Nintendo fanboy "gameplay>graphics" stuff again.

I kid, everything's fine... actually i feel you're way too nice to the Vita recently. I love those japanese niche games too, but no mainstream appeal means that the install base will stagnate at a low level, and Atlus and Marvelous WILL turn away from the system if nothing dramatically changes the current trend.
---
No More Heroes
#175TerotrousPosted 1/28/2013 4:27:49 PM(edited)
PedroMontana posted...
I see Gnik gives us that typical Nintendo fanboy "gameplay>graphics" stuff again.

I recall making a similar joke in one of the many "girls are like games" topics.

I kid, everything's fine... actually i feel you're way too nice to the Vita recently. I love those japanese niche games too, but no mainstream appeal means that the install base will stagnate at a low level, and Atlus and Marvelous WILL turn away from the system if nothing dramatically changes the current trend.

Vita actually has a lot of games you might call "mainstream", and they're not helping. It's already got NFS Most Wanted, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Uncharted, Resistance, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and so on.

The problem is that the handheld and console markets are pretty distinct; what sells on consoles won't necessarily move big numbers on handhelds. People have certain expectations of what types of games the systems will get and that determines what will sell. It's like how they couldn't give Tales of Vesperia away on 360 even though the Japanese love that franchise - the Tales fans simply didn't own that console.

If you look at what American Vita fans are excited for, it's generally the same kind of stuff that the Japanese are excited for, with just slightly lesser focus on games where you massage pre-teen girls. The fact that the Japanese companies figured this stuff wouldn't sell and didn't localize it is likely why PSP ultimately failed and may also be the death of Vita. I just hope XSeed and Square Enix get their heads out of their butts before it's too late.

Though realistically, I don't think Sony can allow Vita to "die". It would be horribly damaging to the Playstation name if that happened. Then all it takes is for PS4 to get off to a slow start and people will say "oh no, PS4 is flopping, how long until Sony cancels it too? I'm not buying one until it gets better established". It's basically suicide for them to drop Vita even if they're losing money and I think they know it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#176X2SBPosted 1/28/2013 9:25:37 PM
Where did TC go? He just off and vanished. Like that one guy who had his A button fall off.
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.
#177AwesomePerson99Posted 1/28/2013 11:49:51 PM
X2SB posted...
Where did TC go? He just off and vanished. Like that one guy who had his A button fall off.

He's trying to figure out how to get a girl to talk to him in real life.
#178GGearXPosted 1/28/2013 11:59:00 PM
AwesomePerson99 posted...
X2SB posted...

He's trying to figure out how to get a girl to talk to him in real life.

I Guess I could let him talk to my sister. She can give him tips.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#179Oni_TaedoPosted 1/29/2013 12:17:44 AM
If there's ever a time where you need advice about meeting women on the internets, just watch this instructional video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#180Janobii_IvyPosted 1/29/2013 1:01:27 AM
Invite her to a video chat
---
Amber stole my sig before it existed.