Anyone else use a 1 TB Seagate solid state external HD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else use a 1 TB Seagate solid state external HD?

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#1
My Wii U doesn't seem to like it. Tried moving NSMBU over to it, started getting Error 105-3155. I lost the save data, fortunately I'd only played a couple stages.

Anyone else use a similar external hard drive and not have issues? I'm wondering if the problem lies in the hard drive or the Wii U.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 years ago#2
you haven't said if you were using that drive with a y cable? If you are using it with a y cable then it's the Wii U not liking the drive. If your not using a y cable it means you probibly still need to use one.

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
3 years ago#3
There is no way you have a 1TB solid state drive those are about $2500. I don't believe anyone would hook up a $2500 drive to a Wii U.

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
3 years ago#4
Ryu X posted...
There is no way you have a 1TB solid state drive those are about $2500. I don't believe anyone would hook up a $2500 drive to a Wii U.

He probably just doesn't know what solid state actually means.
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
3 years ago#5
lol yah okay tc, you and your thousand dollar hard drive
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: STE573

STE573
3 years ago#6
Why would you even use solid state with Wii U? It is completely unneccesary unless you are picky of the highest order?
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
3 years ago#7
I actually have 3 of them hooked up to my WiiU. It's always making a grumpy noise when it's on.

True story!!
Itchy Tasty!

User Info: STE573

STE573
3 years ago#8
JascoD posted...
I actually have 3 of them hooked up to my WiiU. It's always making a grumpy noise when it's on.

True story!!

What? You have $7500 worth of solid state drives hooked up to your Wii U? Surely you have a better use of that money like giving it to charity or using it as toilet paper?
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
3 years ago#9
STE573 posted...
JascoD posted...

True story!!

What? You have $7500 worth of solid state drives hooked up to your Wii U? Surely you have a better use of that money like giving it to charity or using it as toilet paper?

No dawg. I bought them from my local "Boris the blade" for only 30 each.
Itchy Tasty!

User Info: cvfan

cvfan
3 years ago#10
I have a Seagate 1 TB SSD, got it for $130. No problems yet for my Wii U.
XBL GT: cvfan25, 3DS FC: 0216-0930-9701, PSN ID: cvmaniac, Wii U ID: CVFan31.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else use a 1 TB Seagate solid state external HD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived