I think Monster Hunter 3 ultimate will fail on Wii U

#1GimeaPosted 1/27/2013 2:12:34 PM
The graphics aren't that good for next-gen, and the online capabilities are better on Xbox 360 anyway. That leaves casual gamers who are busy doing Angry Birds on their Galaxy S3/Iphone 5.
---
The new Minecraft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKlNskaRPU
#2NerdstickPosted 1/27/2013 2:17:33 PM(edited)
Tri sold 2.08 million copies according to VGChartz. Why exactly do you think Monster Hunter would be any better off on a platform that NO monster hunter (other than the MMO) has ever been released on?
#3quickposterPosted 1/27/2013 2:21:16 PM
360 would be the worst possible platform for this. PS3 or Vita are appropriate alternatives. If anything it should get on those.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#4hellbringherPosted 1/27/2013 2:23:25 PM
It's coming out at a good time. People are going to buy it just because there is nothing else to play.
#5miraimikePosted 1/27/2013 2:26:37 PM
Little to no correlation between graphical quality/online capability and the top selling games last year.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#6Pkshootout13Posted 1/27/2013 2:27:55 PM
I'm buying it. Never played a monster hunter game before. I figured that would be a good place to start
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#7rockyminPosted 1/27/2013 2:30:32 PM
hellbringher posted...
It's coming out at a good time. People are going to buy it just because there is nothing else to play.

There's plenty to play if you have more than just a Wii U.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/27/2013 2:36:42 PM
It didn't sell well in Japan, it will sell even worse here.
#9mhunterchumpPosted 1/27/2013 3:08:01 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It didn't sell well in Japan, it will sell even worse here.

First off, it did sell well. It sold well when it was released in 2011 on 3DS and it sold well again with the Wii U release.

Because of this game alone, the 3DS sold more units the week MH3G was released then it sold in its launch week:

http://www.gamesradar.com/3ds-has-biggest-sales-week-ever-japan-thanks-monster-hunter-3g/

We're talking about a game that's been out for a year in Japan and the Wii U version still sold great (and the sales number didn't include the copy that came in the Monster Hunter Wii U bundle).

It's always the same troll response, but it makes you just look dumb when you post something that is completely wrong.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#10bleachgamer3Posted 1/27/2013 3:11:42 PM
Pkshootout13 posted...
I'm buying it. Never played a monster hunter game before. I figured that would be a good place to start

lt would be a great place to start :D Ive spent many hours playing tri psp version :S excited for ultimate ^^.