Why didn't Nintendo power just go digital?

#11CranberryPSOPosted 1/27/2013 3:57:10 PM
Nintendo as a company had no interest in continuing the Nintendo Power brand. When Future was negotiating with them how to handle the magazine, Nintendo had no interest in pursuing digital formats, or doing anything really. Nintendo just wanted to let it die.

While I'm sad to see the magazine go, I'd had it since I was a little girl, I can understand it. The magazine really was a mere shell of its former self, and just didn't have the charm it did when it was more about maps and gameplay tips. Nintendo Power was great for its day, but most of what it offered ultimately was replaced by the Internet.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#12djrudenPosted 1/27/2013 3:59:35 PM
NP changed. It was originally about MAPS and GAME SECRETS and TIPS & TRICKS. The last few years of NP were just game reviews and pictures that people could have gotten ANYWHERE. They ruined the mag IMO and it's better gone than in the state it was in.
#13TheGreatUnownPosted 1/27/2013 5:42:33 PM
emagdnE posted...
you don't get why NP went under, do you?

even though you're on an internet message board that makes it redundant.....

Well, there are fewer trolls in magazines...

Not specifically talking about you.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293
#14CaptainMoosePosted 1/27/2013 6:02:10 PM
henzler3 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Why didn't they go digital instead of cancelling the magazine?
Digital magazines are quite profitable and people read them on tablets all the time.

I miss that now with the Wii U out we wont be getting all the cool stuff about it on nintendo power anymore.

my only guess is cause of nintendo direct, now that nintendo is doing news themsevles , there is very little NP has to offer that you can't get off of the offically ste

Exactly.
#15shinra35800Posted 1/27/2013 6:11:32 PM
They could have made it a segment on the Nintendo news channel. They could also put things on those channels like old episodes of:

-video power
-smb super show + variants
-zelda cartoon
-captain n
-donkey kong country
-kirby
-fzero

But I don't think they are that smart. They could even release them by episode weekly to revive its nostalgic life through the wii u's lifespan. Same for all the episodes of the comics in nintendo power.
#16henzler3Posted 1/27/2013 7:53:42 PM
shinra35800 posted...
They could have made it a segment on the Nintendo news channel. They could also put things on those channels like old episodes of:

-video power
-smb super show + variants
-zelda cartoon
-captain n
-donkey kong country
-kirby
-fzero

But I don't think they are that smart. They could even release them by episode weekly to revive its nostalgic life through the wii u's lifespan. Same for all the episodes of the comics in nintendo power.

BUT THERE IS its called nintendo power and their nintendo youtube channels
---
Doc Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the US in 1985?
Marty: Ronald Reagan. Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor!!